Hey I know what a loquat is now, but too bad I'll BE IN KENDING on the same day!!!!!!!
The French girls have given in and are coming to beach it for four days on the southern tip of Taiwan. There's a big fat music festival there, (not that interested in it though) and apparently there are always more foreigners than Taiwanese and well today its 33 degrees or something and I'm frustrated that I cannot call Kim and say "I'm catching the bus RIGHT NOW to Copa." (wow, I miss something about Gosford!) Wait the point was that I'm hanging out to go to the beach, especially today.
The first night I arrived in Taiwan, this seedy French Canadian who lived full time at the seedy hostel I was staying at, told me all I needed to know about Taiwan while we drank Taiwan Beer on the roof all night. Indoctrination #1:
1. Taiwan is a land of foreign English teachers, and all the foreigners that come here are in some way classified as a freak (thanks man, welcome to your new home for the next year)
2. Taiwan is a hole and the sole reason people come here is to exploit the demand for English teachers and save money, but they never do anyway coz they spend it on drinks
3. The SPRING SCREAM in Kending every April absolutely goes off and if you don't go there must be something wrong with you
4. Taiwanese chicks go for foreign guys and Taiwanese guys, foreign guys go for Taiwanese chicks, Taiwanese guys go for Taiwanese chicks, and foreign chicks go for foreign guys but not Taiwanese guys. Can you see who is getting the short end of the stick here? haha.. hah hahaha...
Yes Kending was where I spent my second weekend in Taiwan, high off life and St John's Wort hitchhiking and talking to everyone and cycling through the rain and having fags with the local police getting badly sunburnt and meeting Ah Wei hanging on to the shark net who became my psuedo boyfriend for a while.
Kending is like Taiwan's version of the Gold Coast but more Taiwanese and without all the Gold Coastiness.