Today I had a fun couple of hours in class. This week has so far been alot of fun. On Monday Miss L spent the whole hour talking about the election, the shooting, and how Chen Shui Bian sucks. I personally don't go for either the separatists or the reunificationists, I support the "Nationless Nation-ism" ideology. Taiwan is unique in its own unique Taiwan uniqueness uniqueness.
Someone posted a funny picture today on the wall in the language centre. It was a drawing of Chen and the Vice President lady getting it on together in the car in which they were shot, her knee up against his stomach, with the bullet going in between her knee and the stomach - that's why the wounds were so shallow. Anyway, we all thought it was great. But I took Xiao Pi along to show him and he said it wasn't funny at all. This beetle-nut chewing Taiwanese man I had never seen before, appearing from nowhere and staring at the picture, asked me if I knew Chen Shui Bian. I replied no, and he said "Good."
I haven't gotten to know millions of Taiwanese here but all the ones I have known except one have been pro-gmd.
Yesterday we had a giant speaking test where I had to memorise a bunch of stuff. I was last, so I had the whole lesson to look over it. I remembered everything and the teacher was happy, so I was happy.
Today Xiao P who explained to me the storyline of Himalaya, the movie I watched last week in Mandarin subtitles and didn't understand. Qili and I do the same thing with subtitles - as soon as a new line appears, we start reading the end of the sentence because we're afraid that if we start from the front it will all dispappear before we get there. The end result is that your eyes are darting everywhere, you freak out, and don't understand anything.
Then he introduced me to his friend Mavice who is a member of the aerobics club. Xiao Pi is an absolute legend! He has fully adopted my case and is doing more about me getting exercise than I am.