Chapter 13: Gretel at Age 19 - Pathetic Crushes and Trying to Read More to Become Smarter
I literally chased after the object of my affections today, through the rain, too, it will do that to you, tearing out the door of the language centre to once again humiliate myself. Well, I can deal with it, I got it over with, there are plenty of fish in the Ivy League. In the sea. Did I say in the sea? I meant in the sea. Maybe I don't even like him. Harry at the hostel in Taipei said maybe I just see in him the things I wish I had in myself. That's probably true, seeing as though I am one of the many semi-intelligent people in the world who grieve over not having had a snazzier education. Officially getting over it.
Today's the 28th of April... 3 weeks till ma berzday!
I'm reading a really really fantastical book called If on a Winter's Night a Traveller, by an Italian dude called Italo Calvino. Its twisty and creative and it constantly outsmarts the reader which is what I like. Its like a story about stories about stories, like In the Skin of a Lion kind of. Coz its um, meta-fiction.