I bought a scooter!!
I bought a scooter! Whoo hoo, freedom, work, money...! Its still pretty new and it purrrrs and it zooms up hills. They kept trying to make me pick one of the old crappy ones (all the same price) and they even put an old rusty number plate on the newish one and told me the engine was especially old. Well, the engine is especially new, and I, for the first time, did not get as ripped off as I usually do in Taiwan. I finally walked away from a negotiation in victory. Wow, what a feeling. Good timing, too, coz the weather is getting too hot to walk anywhere.
Also, Chen Tai Tai has given me a $500 discount on my fees for no particular reason. She gave me but a wink as she passed me the bill and I saw no need to do anything except acknowledge it and walk out, no questions asked. Chen Tai Tai has really turned around. Soanyway it means my scooter was payed for in whole by the wonderful economy of Taiwan. Thanks, Taiwan, I love you. Will be charging thirty bucks an hour to teach your kids English later this week.