Its the last week of term at the language centre. We're just about to finish the last chapter, chapter 12, of business chinese but we've only tested up to chapter 7 so this semester has been breezy. The only things that worried me were my fatigue during class and obsessing everyday over whether to stay or not. Well, today at four I have a teaching demonstration on Wen Xin Road. I subbed there a couple of times last semester and I really liked the place. The kids weren't bad and the classes were small so I really want the job. So anyway if I get it I agree to stay for six months. I've also decided to stick it out at the dorms next semester just because its ridiculously cheap and I'll basically be able to save everything I earn. I'll definitely have to invest in a fan though. I hope I get to stay with the roommates I have now - they're aren't the most exciting roommates but they are both more laid back than the average Tunghai student, less judgemental, a little more open-minded, and have the experience of moving to Taiwan themselves and learning Chinese; and we live pretty harmoniously.
But if I don't find a job, then I think I'll go to China for a while and then jiu hui jia. I need a new culture get into. Besides, my interest in China has always been based on mainland China itself. Beijing and Shanghai, not this superficial trying-to-be Western but totally missing the point bollocks of Taiwan. As I was walking to class this morning I saw a guy wearing a shoulder bag with Mao on it. He said he got it in Hong Kong. I'm sure he was just wearing it the same way 10 year olds wear Che Guevera t-shirts but I still wondered if he would have felt comfortable bringing it into the country 15 years ago.