Love at First Web Site
Wednesday, June 09, 2004
 
Yay! Lan Laoshi gave me 98.5% for the last test. It was easy though. Last night as I waited to meet the guy I'm subbing for next week, I took a stroll around Little Europe and found the Frog 2 pub. There's a little section on the side with bookshelves and its a good place to chill out and read and have coffee. All they need is a couple of couches. On the shelf next to my table there was a book calld "The Introvert Advantage" about how one quarter of people are introverts, and it's nothing to be ashamed of, and you can learn how to use it etc... I skimmed through the first chapter "Are you and Innie or an Outie" and well it turns out that your's truly is actually an Innie. I'm kind of disappointed to find that I am introverted. For a couple of reasons: It does not look good in job applications, and it decreases my chances of finding a guy. It does explain a few things though, eg prefering small intimate gatherings rather than large ones, and having fewer but more intimate relationships with people. Well, well, well. But we're also supposed to be more creative and imaginative so I don't give a sh/t :-) Mwha ha ha!

I visited that school near the sculpture park yesterday. It's in the middle of nowhere so I decided I didn't want the job before I even parked my scooter. So I strolled in going "you want me baby? you're gonna have to pay!" But then I had to demonstrate how I'd teach this stupid dialogue about Christmas presents and that's when my cool and indifferent exterior crumbled and the power jumped off my shoulders, crawled across the desk, and shifted itself over to the office lady giving me the interrogation. Oh damn my ultra-cool I'm too good for this job face melted away and they said they'd call me. It was awfully nice of them to warn me about the demo. That's right - I still don't want to work for those middle of nowhere losers, printing their own B-grade textbooks lacking in method and evidence of a thorough understanding of the English language. Mwah hah ha!!

I'm reading Trainspotting at the moment. I love it to death and I strongly recommend it to all one and a half of you who are reading my boring online diary right now instead of doing something more productive like sending email forwards or playing solitaire. The best part so far is the page written from Begbie's point of view where he's in some pub and all he can think about his how much he wants to bash some guy because of something dorky the guy said 10 years ago. You see what is going through the mind of a psycho. Irvine Welsh is a cool dude!
 
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home
Welcome. For Taiwan posts see March 2004 - Jan 2005. Enjoy!! Do leave a comment - I feel loved.

Archives
March 2004 / April 2004 / May 2004 / June 2004 / July 2004 / August 2004 / September 2004 / October 2004 / November 2004 / December 2004 / January 2005 / March 2005 / April 2005 / May 2005 / June 2005 / July 2005 / August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 / August 2007 / September 2007 / October 2007 / November 2007 / December 2007 / January 2008 / February 2008 / March 2008 / April 2008 / May 2008 / June 2008 / August 2008 / December 2008 / January 2009 / May 2010 / July 2010 / August 2010 / September 2010 / October 2010 / December 2010 / January 2011 /


Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]