I went to KTV with the girls from the Wu Fong school today. There was a strict no English songs policy so I muttered out a few Wang Fei songs coz I knew the melody. We were there for like five hours. We went at noon. It was strange going in the middle of the day completely sober because I have come to associate KTV with being way drunk and staying there till the sun rises, or close. It was all very wholesome. I think my Chinese has regressed though. I was forgetting words and stuff, it was hairy scary man. Oops.
The summer semester has been going for two weeks. I spent the first two weeks moving around classes trying to sort out times and levels etc and ended up learning zilch. And I've been focusing on work and how to teach English and making plans etc. I had two privates on Thursday. One is a young girl that lived in NZ for ages so she is excellent and just wants to concentrate on writing. Sick! I read the book she wants to study and I liked it and I'm thinking wow dude I get to get paid to talk about a book for an hour! Then I had an older lady who I'll be teaching for three hours a week. She wants to talk about current affairs and that's it so once again I get to Exist and be paid for it. We talked about Iraq and the Korean soldier who was executed. I told her about the 101st ammendment: All men are born equal, some just more than others. She's a smart lady who knows her stuff and I like her. Set!