Love at First Web Site
Thursday, July 22, 2004
 
It's amazing what you are INcapable of achieving when you DO believe in yourself. Although there is a difference between being cocky and believing yourself. The big commercial ended up being another promo video, which means I'm still not a humongous star. The video was this big giant company pretending to close a deal with four white faces ooops I mean four foreigners and as far as I know they give out copies to staff so they can take them home and watch them when they're bored. We got paid heaps but I went all cocky and stuff coz this photographer guy kept taking my photo, it was pycho, it clicked everytime I frickin smiled and I'm like come on dude if you're going to go crazy either give me some money or make me a humongous star or make me a date with the sexy director guy. So I walked around going yeah man I am the best. After that the agent lady said her friend wanted me for another job and my head grew so large that the scooter wobbled a little and we nearly drove into a bus.

We were on our way to this audition I saw on Tealit. I still looked like a thirty year old business woman but you were supposed to look sporty. So we turned up and sat down in the little waiting room. The two guys next to me looked like models and I thought sh/t am I supposed to be here? Then I said hi to them and they ignored me and then I thought well I've seen it all before but still, does being a model or just a handsome guy emotionally hardened by auditions make it alright to be a rude f/ck? I decided to wait it out anyway seeing as though I had already bothered to call them up and make an appointment. They posted the ad on Tealit, after all, so it seemed anyone was welcome. The ad never said anything about Only Snobs Who Conform to Certain Standards of Beauty are Allowed. This was just about when my big squashy head started deflating fast: The casting woman walked out, asked who I was, I told her about the appointment, and she said there was no appointment. This lady was not much into the whole face-saving thing. I think she's over it. She basically told me to get lost. She took my name and height anyway, asked me which "agent" sent me, and I'm thinking like newsflash you whore, you advertised it on Tealit. WHO is wasting WHOSE time here? [Swearing swearing swearing] She said the problem was you had to be in sporty gear. I was in jeans and a shirt. The problem was the old-hag hair do. Was it really necessary to be rude here? So yeah there went my fantastic movie-star day.

Then we went back to Cathy's house to change my hair for another "audition". As the last "audition" turned out to be a snapshot for a little promo video, I figured this one would be the same deal. No no no, this was a real one where I had to talk to a video camera and tell the world how wonderful this baby stroller was. Thanks for telling me, Cathy. So yeah I blew that and right in front of me the guy was like "Please send me some more girls" etc and I had the sh.ts bigtime because I was cocky enough to think I already had the job. I walked out like a spoilt princess and didn't even say good bye to him or look at him. I thought my goodness what's come over me. But I did take into account that I had no sleep the night before coz I accidentally had a really strong cup of coffee at 10pm and that I was stressing out that the bus wouldn't make it back to Taichung in time to get back into the CTF (Concubine Training Facility).

Cathy is a cool chick though. She said her dad was a chef but he wanted to spend more time with the family so he now runs a chicken stand on the road. We stopped and said hello and he gave me free dinner. She is also very laid back and I got along with her quite well.
I got home in time and crashed out really really fast.


 
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home
Welcome. For Taiwan posts see March 2004 - Jan 2005. Enjoy!! Do leave a comment - I feel loved.

Archives
March 2004 / April 2004 / May 2004 / June 2004 / July 2004 / August 2004 / September 2004 / October 2004 / November 2004 / December 2004 / January 2005 / March 2005 / April 2005 / May 2005 / June 2005 / July 2005 / August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 / August 2007 / September 2007 / October 2007 / November 2007 / December 2007 / January 2008 / February 2008 / March 2008 / April 2008 / May 2008 / June 2008 / August 2008 / December 2008 / January 2009 / May 2010 / July 2010 / August 2010 / September 2010 / October 2010 / December 2010 / January 2011 /


Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]