I've been at the kindy for nearly a week now. Man it's weird to actually have to be somewhere other than the language centre every day. My grandchildren will ask me what I did at the age of 19 and I will tell them that I was an absolute bum courtesy of the Taiwan Ministry of Education for a total of 11 months.
And those pre-shift shudders that I had totally forgotten about from the fish-and-chips days are creeping back although I don't have that much to worry about except that the whole world knows how inexperienced I am, even the kids. That's cool - the secret to kindy teaching, my friend, is to play games, games and more games blah blah blaaaah. So anyway I did a bit of a Be the First to find the Correct Flashcard game with them and well it didn't end up being as fun as I thought it would be and half the kids didn't know what was going on but it was better than nothing.
Oh and in the littlies' class these boys started pushing this girl for no reason and they didn't even get in trouble even though the teacher saw it, but she spent the rest of the lesson howling her lungs out and it was awful.