The magical agent lady in Taipei rang and asked me to work on Friday morning for three hours and I'm like No I have to be in Taichung to teach at two but then she said It's not a commercial, it's a Taiwanese drama. So I'm like hell yeah but the thing is she knows how to get people to agree by exaggerating just how humongously famous her talents are going to become after each job so I just don't know what to believe. I'll be taking a sickie on Friday then but I really do not want to do this because of the whole at the mercy of the boss situation but today, with regards to the fears about getting fired, the owner finally came and spoke to me today and said that the guy before me was exactly the same when he first started so don't worry.
But yeah the honeymoon is over at the little school and I am confronted with the question that I thought I could just ignore as long as I followed the teacher's manual: No wait, several questions: How are three-year-olds supposed to learn English; do three-year-olds even know what English is or where England is; how does someone hold the attention of 20 three-year-olds for 30 minutes speaking a language that is totally meaningless in every way to them. Hmmm will sleep on it.