Student Discount Flights is stupid. The big student discount is only $60, but then you have to get a student card, which costs $25. Stupid. It's a farce, I tell you! It's all a big farce!
No class, no work today thanks to the typhoon. Same with my housemates. We ventured out to the 7-11 and I bought eggs and teabags and sugar and cheese and ham and had a big Western rainy-day feast... having a soft-boiled egg was a spinout because I haven't had one here and I finally made a cup of tea just the way I like it oooh yeah. And a ham and cheese toasted sandwich. And I got a loaf of bread to eat with all my Vegemite and honey that have been sitting in my little cabinet in the dorms for the past seven months. Mmmm yeah. Hmmm, soft boiled egg and cable. And that, my friends, is What I Ate Today.
I was reading about the typhoons on smh and it's nice to learn where Taiwan actually is:
"Taiwan, an island of 23 million people off the south-eastern coast of China, is often hit by typhoons."
Everyone put your hand up if you didn't know where Taiwan was.....
.....Oh shit. Most of you! Taiwan is a lovely place apart from the selfish pollution. Of course not all countries governed by gangsters for so long are going to be beautiful, wholesome places but the people here are real.