Love at First Web Site
Monday, September 27, 2004
 
I got an email from Germany the other day. My old penpal Christin is complaining about how she has just discovered how superficial her girlfriends are and how jaded and pissed off she feels. She's upset that whenever she finally decides to trust people most still do not pass when the friendships are put to the test. I say, find new friends, or just decide whether you have the time for these people!

In other news... in the Wu Fong department, it turns out that the Chinese teacher who passed off the blame for the pencil-stabbing incident onto me, according to other sources, is actually known to be a bad teacher or something (she's got to be better than me though) and was previously deemed to be dodgy and altogether questionable! I still swear I had their attention the whole time. Before class the other day she waited till right before to tell me what I was supposed to teach, therefore allowing me a total of four seconds to do any preparation for it, and then she tried to give me this serious-sounding guidance, telling me that I have to become close to the kids like the other guy is (who has been there for a year or so). Right... She must be super close with them if they are stabbing each other during her classes... In fact I hit it off with them on the first day and I think she's pulling a load of crap out of her ass just to put me in my perceived place. But before all this happened, Robert pulled out his guitar and started playing Wonderwall and the two of us gave everyone an exclusive performance of the Two Foreigners singing an old song. They dug it. The school has never had two whities teaching there at the same time.

At the kindy we're teaching them the parts of the body so to suck up big time I forked out for a stupid book about eyes and ears and lots of coloured cardboard and made a bunch of body parts, all in about 15 minutes. The kids didn't really dig it though and thought the eyes were like a monster's eyes, and the body had no neck, which turned out to be quite a setback, but it earned me good brownie/guanxi points with the bosses and the teachers.

Our building had a moon festival BBQ and I'm sounding pretty cynical and awful here but I signed up for it hoping to take advantage of the oppurtunity to solicit private English lessons out of my neighbours like a hooker at a bar. It didn't work but I got free food. Oh listen to me it's all about money now, boo hoo. Well, it is. If god floated down from the sky and told me that it was my destiny to be a professional English teacher for the rest of my life then I would probably take it slightly more seriously and be a little more sincere about it but dude, frankly, I want money.


Poetry Corner

It's no good to be
self-righteous
but I might jus'
continue.


Supplementary whining:
It turns out that a friend has liked me for the past year, and because I apparently had his name on me, none of his friends were permitted to flirt with me, even though it was clear that I was not interested in him, until his girlfriend (second best?) finally decided to come to Taiwan, and it was my responsibility NOT to consider being attracted to any of his friends so that he wouldn't be jealous. Right. He was still at it even when he knew his girlfriend was coming. If all the guys I had ever liked were too scared of making me jealous no-one in the world would be flirting with each other right now.
 
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home
Welcome. For Taiwan posts see March 2004 - Jan 2005. Enjoy!! Do leave a comment - I feel loved.

Archives
March 2004 / April 2004 / May 2004 / June 2004 / July 2004 / August 2004 / September 2004 / October 2004 / November 2004 / December 2004 / January 2005 / March 2005 / April 2005 / May 2005 / June 2005 / July 2005 / August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 / August 2007 / September 2007 / October 2007 / November 2007 / December 2007 / January 2008 / February 2008 / March 2008 / April 2008 / May 2008 / June 2008 / August 2008 / December 2008 / January 2009 / May 2010 / July 2010 / August 2010 / September 2010 / October 2010 / December 2010 / January 2011 /


Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]