The weather was absolutely superb today and I was in a super rare I am at peace with the world mood this morning in class. I love my classmates they are the best and i think i want to go to Japan now and learn Japanese. I don't know what I ate/drank/snorted/injected today but I'm feeling quite fantastic.
I also love my flatmates. Last night I asked Christine oh Christine I don't think I'm going to become a superfamous movie star anymore! And she said well, what have you done about it? And well, such simple questions are often the best.
I consulted a friend about the going rates for translation work, and he pointed out that the ratio of Chinese-speaking foreigners to non-speakers is quite small, small enough to push the pay level up to Lucrative. Yes! Hopefully if I end up getting the job and I can diss my buxiban shift.
You little bee-yoo-tay!
One of my teachers likes to make references to students' personal lives when practising new vocab with us which is fine coz it works but sometimes it makes you feel uneasy. Today we learnt the word for 'grasp' as in to grasp time or opportunities while you have them and her example sentence was "Liz needs to grasp the time she has left here in Taiwan because she only has a few months left", thereby sending shivers down my spine and tempting me to look back on my time here and question whether I could have done more. No, I couldn't have, but my teacher really knows which buttons there are to push.
Today the weather is neat,
Lots of breeze and little heat,
Chinese was great fun,
I really like Zhe Zhang,
Bu juede hen fanmang,
Bi yiqian na-me bang
qing ni bu yao rang
wo hui jia!