Love at First Web Site
Sunday, December 19, 2004
 
Oh my god we did it. We had to get there at one to get ready and have a dress rehearsal. Then suddenly it was 7:25 and I started to freak out big time. The four of us were huddled up in the make-shift dressing room going over steps and stuff and Yu-Ren kept coming and telling us how many people were outside waiting. 30, 40! Holy shit! I was expecting about 10. (It's a pretty small theatre...) Then I'm like Oh I can't believe I'm doing this. Then I messaged my sister and requested that she give me some moral support seeing as though I was freaking out and she rang and was like "what?". Then people started coming in, and I started hyperventilating, and then we had to get ready to go on, and there was absolutely no way of turning back then. We went alright. I forgot my lines and said one of them twice but give me a break. In the "crying" scene where we had to make people want to cry too, two people said they felt like crying, what a success! :-) God I was freaking out. It was over in a flash though. Someone thought my hysterical woman solo was about losing your virginity, I thought that was quite funny. I'm glad I was able to reach out to my audience haha. Tall Girl told me before the show that I was doing a good job with the lines and stuff and I really appreciated it. The make-up girl was talented, she made Fan-Li look like a blow-up doll and I tried to tell her but she didn't really get it. Our costumes were grungy/punky and I'm so glad I brought along my boob-tube coz my dress was torn under the arm and my boob (weren't allowed to wear bras ahem anyway) was hanging out for everyone to see during the dress-rehearsal and I did not want to let this hinder my spectacular performance during the real deal so I'm really impressed with how prepared I was. Another one tomorrow but I so know I'm not going to be half as nervous as I was tonight. Then two more next weekend, then there's only one weekend left for me in Taiwan! Oh Taichung2001 is doing an article on it, so hopefully I'll get to take a copy or two home for lamination and framing. It helps that Betty is the chief translator.

Hmm in other news, a lady from where else but the Central Coast who is studying Chinese here called about taking over two of my one-on-ones. Dude, where was the last time I met someone from Gosford in Taiwan?

PS Not doing artical anymore, there goes my vision of a laminted and framed version hanging on every wall of my house
 
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home
Welcome. For Taiwan posts see March 2004 - Jan 2005. Enjoy!! Do leave a comment - I feel loved.

Archives
March 2004 / April 2004 / May 2004 / June 2004 / July 2004 / August 2004 / September 2004 / October 2004 / November 2004 / December 2004 / January 2005 / March 2005 / April 2005 / May 2005 / June 2005 / July 2005 / August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 / August 2007 / September 2007 / October 2007 / November 2007 / December 2007 / January 2008 / February 2008 / March 2008 / April 2008 / May 2008 / June 2008 / August 2008 / December 2008 / January 2009 / May 2010 / July 2010 / August 2010 / September 2010 / October 2010 / December 2010 / January 2011 /


Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]