Love at First Web Site
Tuesday, January 04, 2005
 
It's my second last Tuesday in Taiwan. 11 days left! NO WAY. I don't really feel it, except that my private lessons are winding up which means no more pocket money, and my scooter goes tomorrow. I have been reading over old posts from ages ago and didn't realise how long I had been doing it for. Like, from before Hong Kong. The internet addiction has got to go, but man what a way to preserve the memories. Everything is in cardboard boxes now.

chinese forums

kindy update.i had thought the face thing was smoothed over but today i arrived and learnt that there is a new wave of discontent because during the last international face-loss incident, whatever it was, the 'nan guo' that i expressed was too 'laibuji' which basically means that i figured out what the hell was going on and tried to say sorry, all too late. It just wasn't good enough; I was supposed to have been more 'on the ball' at the time, which sucks because I had just explained to them about communication problems etc. If I was a blonde-haired blue-eyed white man bearing gifts perhaps I could treat them all like fucking shit without it phasing them! No, let me rephrase that. My EQ is lacking (made up for of course with my IQ Mhaw Ha Ha), which was especially apparent the time the guy whom I had the hots for asked me out, but instead of saying "Will you go out with me?" said, "my friend just gave me two tickets to see The Day After Tomorrow. Have you seen it?"... I thought he was just making conversation, so I said "Yes, I have seen it. And I thought it sucked arse. It was totally B-Grade." Then he went all quiet... After 6 or 7 hours had passed, back on my bed in the girls' dorms reading Great Expectations, it suddenly dawned on me what had in fact occurred that morning; and I learnt what it means to be beside one's self.
 
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home
Welcome. For Taiwan posts see March 2004 - Jan 2005. Enjoy!! Do leave a comment - I feel loved.

Archives
March 2004 / April 2004 / May 2004 / June 2004 / July 2004 / August 2004 / September 2004 / October 2004 / November 2004 / December 2004 / January 2005 / March 2005 / April 2005 / May 2005 / June 2005 / July 2005 / August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 / August 2007 / September 2007 / October 2007 / November 2007 / December 2007 / January 2008 / February 2008 / March 2008 / April 2008 / May 2008 / June 2008 / August 2008 / December 2008 / January 2009 / May 2010 / July 2010 / August 2010 / September 2010 / October 2010 / December 2010 / January 2011 /


Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]