Hello here I am back in sunny Australia where the air is beautiful and clean and I'm hanging out with my cat eat meat pies and sausage rolls everyday. Uni started the other day, still don't know if I'm going to stay, my life is a little up in the air at the moment but Bonnie the cat keeps me company.
I came home on the 23rd of Feb which was earlier than expected. After Kashgar headed to Chengdu via Golmud. Was going to go to Tibet but as I was about to fork out for the ticket I realised I couldn't withdraw that much from my bank account and so hung out in exciting Golmud for a long boring day then got on a long tormented train trip to Chengdu which is a great city and which I highly recommend yay. There's a nice river that runs through it, clean, and my hotel was right next to it. Chengdu is a clean city too, no litter and not a weed to be found. Most importantly, the cafe in front of the hotel was great. Never ended up going to Shanghai goodammit, next time eh. My Chinese ain't much better than it was before I left, I got to practise heaps in China but I won't flatter myself eh.
Anyway I miss Taiwan, wish I had never left! I miss my dear scooter, the seven-elevens, my flatmate, and the food, which kind of ties in with the seven-elevens but oh and the two-dollar cigarettes. I turned into a heavy smoker when I got back and here they're the equivalent of NT$220. Yikes!