Love at First Web Site
Wednesday, April 20, 2005
 
More on the subject of having nothing to write about anymore, I'm going to start another of my best-selling novels on my blog again. This one is going to be a feel-good family saga epic thing.

Chapter One

Mum walked into the kitchen and told me to clean that room of mine. Lately I had started singing in response to her nagging. It diverted an argument and sometimes made her laugh. I had really hit the jackpot when I thought of this method of getting her to shut up and possibly leave me alone unless she was saying something that wasn't of the Nagging variety.

What are you going to do for the next three months, Lizzy? She asked. Do you still write on that website of yours? Why, mam, yes I do. These days I write about how I have nothing to write about. How post-modern of me.

She watched the only thing that was on TV, a vet show called Harry's Practise. She looked at the TV as if trying to figure out a cross-word clue, leaned back, and contented herself with some cute pets. Can you in fact imagine what my mother looks like when I ask her to help me with a cross-word clue? If not, don't get your knickers in a knot, and don't lose your concentration like I do everytime I read something I can't relate to. It's just that that's how she looked as she watched.

Look Lizzy, look! As I looked up I presumed there was a cat on the TV that looked kind of slightly half a bit like Fluffy, the cat that ran away when we moved to Gosford eight years ago. It didn't look a thing like him, as usual.

Then Yassy rang on the new phone Dick had installed because the 7, 8, and 9 on the old one were fading. He is obsessive with home alterations and improvements, alot like Michael Jackson and the lump of white clay that seems to have replaced his face about 20 years ago. Back to the phone call. I lay on the couch as I listened to Mum tell her off for giving away her bank details and signing some form to sponsor a child in Sri Lanka. Then I got on the phone and told her not to worry, the chances are she hasn't been conned. Go Yassy. Yassy was born in Sri Lanka and adopted when she was one.

Stay Tuned For the Next Installment of a Useless Sandwich Maker in the Kitchen
 
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home
Welcome. For Taiwan posts see March 2004 - Jan 2005. Enjoy!! Do leave a comment - I feel loved.

Archives
March 2004 / April 2004 / May 2004 / June 2004 / July 2004 / August 2004 / September 2004 / October 2004 / November 2004 / December 2004 / January 2005 / March 2005 / April 2005 / May 2005 / June 2005 / July 2005 / August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 / August 2007 / September 2007 / October 2007 / November 2007 / December 2007 / January 2008 / February 2008 / March 2008 / April 2008 / May 2008 / June 2008 / August 2008 / December 2008 / January 2009 / May 2010 / July 2010 / August 2010 / September 2010 / October 2010 / December 2010 / January 2011 /


Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]