Love at First Web Site
Tuesday, May 03, 2005
 
Hi I'm in an internet cafe with Mark at the moment, he's trying to do nasty technical stuff and I'm bored waiting. I went job-hunting yesterday. The first place I walked into I was given a 2 hour "trial" during which I worked for free. Then I was given two hours real work and got paid all of $22 to stick in my wallet. I hated the guy. He had a thick accent and everything that came out of his mouth sounded like the quack quack of a duck and I hated every minute of being quacked orders that were intelligible as the quack of a duck is to a human being.

He said to come back on Wednesday but I decided I didn't care how broke I was, I just couldn't learn to speak Quack. So this morning I set off again with 9 crispy clean copies of my resume. I started at the cafe inside a service station, the place I worked before I went to Taiwan. I loved that job, loved my boss, they loved me, everyone loved each other generally. So anyway, Lady Luck paid me a most pleasant visit and my old boss was there, still there, and said it was like an angel had just walked in because they needed someone and I have the added bonus of already having worked there and being available all the time.

So there go my dire financial concerns. Whoo hoo, money money money in a rich man's world, uh-huh, huh huh huh, all the things I could do.

Mark just asked if I ever thought life was pointless. "Are you depressed?" I asked him. Nah, he said. But you know what, I have experienced the feeling that life is just boring and nothing is interesting anymore. He said it's coz we don't have to struggle anymore. Look at me, spending hours of my life typing up this blog that a friend introduced me to nearly a year ago. Why do I do it? To practise writing? Better my communication skills? Something to do? The thrill of having your own day-to-day diary digitally immortalised? Yes I think that's it. If we can't be famous and become immortal, why not write a blog. Will this blog still be in cyberspace 100 years from now? How's it going to end up? Just floating around laying dormant long after I've stopped writing? What does Blogger have in store for the potential millions of blogs that are going to be around?

Mark still hasn't finished what he's doing and I'm hungry. He came over todayand we watched an episode of The Prisoner. It was filmed at a hotel in Northern Wales.
 
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home
Welcome. For Taiwan posts see March 2004 - Jan 2005. Enjoy!! Do leave a comment - I feel loved.

Archives
March 2004 / April 2004 / May 2004 / June 2004 / July 2004 / August 2004 / September 2004 / October 2004 / November 2004 / December 2004 / January 2005 / March 2005 / April 2005 / May 2005 / June 2005 / July 2005 / August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 / August 2007 / September 2007 / October 2007 / November 2007 / December 2007 / January 2008 / February 2008 / March 2008 / April 2008 / May 2008 / June 2008 / August 2008 / December 2008 / January 2009 / May 2010 / July 2010 / August 2010 / September 2010 / October 2010 / December 2010 / January 2011 /


Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]