I am the Mandarin StalkerYesterday I worked at the quack quack cafe and intended on taking my wages and forgetting him but I still have to work tomorrow aswell. It's such hell, he runs me around like a remote control car, tells me to do one thing, then tells me off for doing it and tells me to do something else. "Why the hell are you washing those teapots?" he'll scream. "Go and wipe the tables." I wasn't conscientious enough with the tables, so as punishment he asked me to go and clean every one of them all over again.
I wondered about his childhood. Did he grow up around a bunch of arseholes? Have all his previous bosses been like that and set him a bad example?
Training for the Shell job starts on Monday thank goodness. It's in Parramatta.
I wore a short skirt today for the first time since whenever the last time I shaved my legs was, and I got a couple of "how's it going"s around the place. I also bought a new skirt, pair of pants, and jacket. You little beauty.
I'm going climbing tonight then meeting Mark.
I've been wanting to practise my Chinese all the time now. Whenever I hear a conversation going on in Mandarin my heart skips a beat and I have to come nearer to have a listen. I have turned into the Mandarin Stalker. At work with my Vietnamese boss, I look at his Asian face and am overcome with the urge to speak to him in Chinese. People are speaking Mandarin everywhere I turn, oh!
My boss and I have a low-respect relationship. He insults me, and I tell him to relax and smile a little, and that I don't understand anything he says.
Chapter 2 of best-selling novelIt turned out her brainwaves were completely normal, which unfortunately means she could no longer compare herself to the likes of Virginia Woolf or anyone with funny brain waves or bipolar disorder who was a famous brilliant novelist or such. Temporarily dismayed, she went home to prepare for New Year's Eve, to be spent in the city with her best friend Johannes.
It was too dark to see the face of the lone man she started talking to on the park steps. After she popped her second E, she was in love with this dark-faced man, neither handsome nor ugly. Johannes was busy talking on the phone walking circles around the steps and she was already getting on to the man by 3 or 4am.
But the sun came up and before the explosive discovery of the man's face she first noticed the homeless man in neatly pressed clothes laying on his side on the grass, staring right up her skirt as she lay on her back with her feet on the lower step. She was wearing black undies, so she decided it didn't matter. Let him have his New Year's morning treat.
As for the explosive discovery of the man's face, it was hidiously ugly, no joke, and he was missing a few teeth. What was this man doing in the park alone on New Year's Eve? Was he homeless himself? He talked about the park bums seeming to know too much not to be one himself. Suspicious. Johannes hadn't seen his face until the sun came up either but he was polite about it when they discussed it later. "He was so ugly," he said politely, trying not to say, "he was so UGLY!" instead. She was impressed by the remarkable show of restraint on his behalf. Did she get on to a bum?