Love at First Web Site
Monday, May 09, 2005
 
Last Wednesday when I was supposed to go back to the quack quack job, I didn't because I had just lined up the Shell job. This morning he rang and asked me to come in so I went in under the impression that he must be desperate for someone. Then he gave me the "I've got plenty of other staff" routine and I just wanted to laugh in his face.

I taught him a bit of English too. He was getting his bring vs take and come vs go mixed up. He'd say "Come in the kitchen" and I'd be thinking "but you're not in the kitchen" etc etc. I figure if he's got the nerve to constantly insult me, he won't mind a small taste of his own medecine. He is capable of smiling which was a pleasant surprise.

OH GUESS WHAT
I applied for a public service job which required a lengthy application form including questions about leadership and team work. I'm hoping to get by on the stunning photo alone. There was a question about the last time I was innovative when solving a problem and I really could not recall the last time even though I swear I've been innovative in the past, so I wrote about how I arranged my new room like no other occupant has arranged it before, using the cupboard to store clothes to leave space for a small study desk. I hope they don't think I'm not taking it seriously, coz I just paid $11 for a transcript to send as part of the application so I don't want to get automatically disqualified for being a dick.

That's all my news. I came home from Tamworth and the first thing I did was buy a new packet of cigarettes so so much for rehab. Ah never mind. Well, do mind. I don't plan on smoking for the rest of my life, but alas, I hear everyone say, that's what they all say.

I'm going to yoga again tonight.
 
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home
Welcome. For Taiwan posts see March 2004 - Jan 2005. Enjoy!! Do leave a comment - I feel loved.

Archives
March 2004 / April 2004 / May 2004 / June 2004 / July 2004 / August 2004 / September 2004 / October 2004 / November 2004 / December 2004 / January 2005 / March 2005 / April 2005 / May 2005 / June 2005 / July 2005 / August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 / August 2007 / September 2007 / October 2007 / November 2007 / December 2007 / January 2008 / February 2008 / March 2008 / April 2008 / May 2008 / June 2008 / August 2008 / December 2008 / January 2009 / May 2010 / July 2010 / August 2010 / September 2010 / October 2010 / December 2010 / January 2011 /


Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]