My Birthday!
Well, I'm finally 21. Don't feel any different, but over a few beers at the Sly Fox and became quietly philosophical about my life until now. I have managed to live overseas, learn Chinese, find god, fall in love, and have a psychosis all by the age of 21. Hai bu cuo I'd say.
So anyway my weekend started with carrot sheppard's pie at Rose's on Friday followed by the Sly Fox where I left my phone and felt like my life was a disaster from that time on until I bought a new phone last night. I sang The Rose by Bette Midler karaoke. A KTV veteran, I told them that it was my first time.
This guy who was cracking onto me by telling me about how he had an abusive childhood who was also a moron was really annoying so when he went to the toilet we bolted and that's when I left my beloved phone on the table. When we went back it was gone and that's when I couldn't live with the pain so I stayed at Rose's and fagged out her kitchen window some more. She lets me smoke in the kitchen so I don't have to go outside. She's the best!
The next morning I made phone calls at a PUBLIC PHONE which is so below me, oh my god. Then I went home and had nothing to do, even though it was my birthday, so I chain smoked a little then went to bed. I was supposed to go to Rose's at 4 but I frickin slept in till like five or something but because my watched died and said it was six ten, I practically ran to her house coz I thought time was running out especially because I had to meet my half-sister at Central at eight. Deary-oh.
Rose made a cake for me with M&M's on it and gave me a set of red wine glasses so she doesn't have to wash her own glasses when she comes to my house hehe. Oh by the way, my half-sister confirmed that the place was filthy, so that makes pretty much everyone that's been over that thinks it's a Celebration of Filth.
Ok then we met my sister at the station where we discovered that I had lost one of my new earrings that my father gave me. So that made a hat-trick of disasters kind of.
Dinner was great, I shared a $140 seafood platter with Kate and in the end everyone shouted me Thankyou thankyou thankyou. Why is lobster so expensive? What's the deal? It's not THAT nice. There was a photographer who took photos of us, Mum saw them and asked if I had put on weight, ouch man.
The next day Kate and Mark and I hung around Newtown and saw what is apparently the most erotic film ever released, called 9 Songs. It's got real sex in it, and you can pretty much see everything. I had been under the impression that an erect penis was what drew the line between R and X rated films but I was very very very (about three times in fact) wrong.
We had coffee twice, and went to a sushi train place. It was a great day. Mark and Kate got on like a house on fire. After the movie we walked to Broadway where I bought a new phone. Then we went to a backpacker's bar to spend our last few dollars on drinks. Kate said goodbye and Mark and I stayed on to have more drinks and I finally got home and about nine thirty.