Back to School?
Is that a good thing? I don't know, to be honest. I've been gone for so long (two years) I'm totally out of the intellectual challenge loop. I can hardly remember being here or what I did during my breaks for a year and a half. What
did I do? This is weird man. In fact since finishing school I've spent more time out of uni than at uni. I do remember how competitive I was in Chinese. I don't feel the same anymore. I've seen four or five old faces, one is doing Asian Film Studies, two more are doing Remaking Chinese Society, and one is doing Chinese aswell. Richard, who was in Chinese with me, is up to Senior Intermediate Chinese, which Prof Dunstan recommended I do, but I decided to take the easier option of doing Third-Year. But now I think I'd like to do Senior Intermediate so I can hang out with Richard. It clashes with Classical Chinese though.
I had my first Asian Film Studies lecture today. It sucks though because I don't know for sure whether I'm going to keep doing it or drop it so I have to make like I'm keeping it for at least two weeks. So do I fork out for the reader? Bloody hell (I'm trying not to say
fuck anymore for my Mum). There's a bloody 3000 word essay you have to do for it which is going to send me back into the swirling alternate realities and parallel universes of psychosis I'm sure. Next time I'll think the Secret Uni Police will be out to get me for being an incompetent essay-writer and will be coming to chop off my arm right when twoX3000 word essays are due on the same ($^*%## day. Extension please? No, extra time doesn't allow you to do something that you just can't do. Scheiss! @)*$%#&*)$%@&*)#%!*)*^@ Anyway we watched this black and white Japanese film set during WWII and it was really kooky and I liked it. I would totally dig watching a different movie every week in class... What a nice finishing touch it would make to my completely useless Arts degree.
In conclusion, I'm in for a (&^%^##^*(%* pass-mark nightmare of more embarrassing essays and stressed-out trips to the library looking for lost books and making useless photocopies and getting bored trying to do all the reading, reading the wrong things, writing the wrong things... the truth is, I'm in shit and this is going to be the worst three months of my life!
I can't do it! I'm in shit, man! Oh, shit! OK this is when I click my heels together three times and repeat "I only need to pass, I only need to pass, I only need to pass." And bang! I've graduated!
I can do it! I can do it!.... there, that's the spirit................................No I can't!Bye. *$$#$!@#$**^$&*^&*(&$%(