Cards on Wednesday was fun, I ended up staying the night at Bob's house but couldn't actually sleep because of the three long blacks I had had earlier in the evening. Last time I lay awake with coffee-induced insomnia I was in my taofang in Taiwan and I ended up finding god. Nothing so significant this time.
I met the lady who wanted to offer me a job. I should have read all the giveaway signs beforehand but no, I ignored them. It was an Amway rip-off complete with a presentation with the constant talking with no gaps for me to say I wasn't interested. It was humiliating, I even wore makeup to go and meet her thinking I better make a good impression. So there goes that.
On the workfront, my boss told me off because I didn't refill the chocolate section, and then said he wonders what I actually do when I'm at work, which I felt was going too far, because it's not like I consciously decide not to do work when I'm there. Then there were bad vibes between us. Then, I left a note saying he can just give me three shifts instead of the usual four, and he's given me TWO. I don't think I like my boss anymore, everytime there's a gap in the stock that I probably just failed to notice, he accuses me of being a bludger.
On the career front, I've decided not to study Industrial Design, it's four long years and that's too long. So I'll do a three year business degree at UTS then work for a mulitnational etc. About working for Qantas as a flight attendant, it would be fun to travel, but I reached the conclusion that I would prefer to be the one being served not the one serving. That's what I hate about working in the cafe, all these people come in after work in the city to get their coffee and I always wish I was doing the same, not being the one feeding them their insignificant daily coffee. Ugh, life sucks right now. So anyway, I should be super-employable with an arts degree and a business degree. Let's hope so.