It's Sunday arvo and Rose is back from Queensland yay! Yesterday I went to a BBQ at Karina's then met Ella at the ever-so-classy Crystal Palace opposite Central Station. Because of the new smoking laws, the main section was non-smoking and the smoking section was comprised of the tiny pokie room at the back. Then we caught the bus to Hotel Chambers where we were to meet Mel, Jo, and Jim. Ella hated the place and begged to leave but I wanted to hang out with Mel so I persuaded her to stay a little longer. It was R&B and according to Ella the people weren't friendly enough. Ella is really outgoing and likes to talk to everyone. My housemate Alex reckons all R&B places are like that, and I think it's funny that music type should correlate with the level of friendliness of the people. Then we went to Q Bar which was really dead but we saw Michael from Big Brother, who works there. He had already gone back to his day job, I observed. We were standing right next to him and Mel said 'well say hello' and I turned around and he said hi. It seems I'm talking about him as if he's really really famous but dude the fact is, fame, whether of the 15 minutes-of variety or superstar, is still fame, and it has an effect on people.
Speaking of music and people, next weekend we're having a party at our house. Alex has invited about 50 people, and of course I have invited about three. So it's LUCKY I hardly know anyone. [Nervous laugh.]
I'm thinking of getting a fulltime job after I graduate so I can save up and go to GUATAMALA at the end of next year. Ella's going to South America and reckons she'll rock up to Guatamala aswell. Party in Central America! You know I'm so desperate to travel that I might just end up teaching English after all. Woe is me and my brilliant career.
Well, Big Brother's on in half an hour so I'm signing off! NO wait I KNOW, I'll be a flight attendant!