Dear Blog, The little gland things in my throat have morphed into giant durians and they are so big and obtrusive that it even hurts to yawn, and don't ask me about trying to swallow. I woke up this morning having strange four-dimensional dreams about god knows what and at five-thirty with the shivers and massive pineapples in my throat I decided to get out of bed (at 5:30) and study for the Chinese test today which I didn't study for yesterday due to reasons I will expain below.
Well, this guy who is in classical and third-year rang me up yesterday on the pretense of borrowing my textbook to study for the test. He took the book, brought it back, and came in for a cup of tea, and we ended up talking in the kitchen for nearly three hours or something, in English, Chinese, talking about sport, all these things he wants to do together, and I really honestly couldn't believe what was happening. Anyway I was supposed to study for Chinese but after he left I went to Rose's, got back late, then watched a movie with my housemates.
When he first arrived I was stupid enough to say that one of my French-Canadian housemates was hot, (at this point the purpose of his visit wasn't clear) and today he said he was totally confused which is fair enough - this is once again another example of how thick I am when it comes to this kind of thing and how good I am at stuffing up. I was too sick to be bothered going to classical this morning and it kind of looked like I was avoiding him, so I had to explain that too. I'm so dumb, I just can't do anything right! I kind of did want to not go to class because it did have something to do with him - my friend Leah likes him, and I don't want to waltz in and show it off to the world that he is interested in me, sit next to him rather than her... The very concept of seating arrangements freaked me out and it was much easier to just not go than go and feel uncomfortable and also sick while Leah and her friend Alex who has always been particularly unfriendly towards me form the anti-Liz movement based on my going out with Ben. Shit, I don't think I can ever go to classical again.
On Saturday Dan my travel buddy in China was at the Clare Hotel. I asked him if he thought I acted a bit strange when we were there and he said yes, a little bit, but he figured it was because that's what happens when you spend practically 24-7 with the same person. I figure he must be a very very open-minded person to not think I was a total freak when I was there. As for him, he's on his way to becoming vice-president of the SRC and he's only in first year. I've also decided to write a book about a conspiracy adventure through China - it will be very entertaining and psychotics all over the world will be reading it! When does the interpretation of indirect language become paranoid? When exactly
did our amazing heroine become psycotic? What really went on in China? {eery music} Did Taiwanese culture drive her to madness? A story to alter and exaggerate then hand down to the grandchildren.