Reasons why I should go back to Taiwan:1. Just watched Eat Drink Man Woman. Scenes of Taipei, scooters, food.
2. Live on the scholarship again.
3. Will have Bachelors degree by then, can teach English legitimately.
4. Learn more Chinese.
5. Live in Taipei instead of Taichung. How much better would that be?
6. Lose lots and lots of weight, become really fucking thin I mean, and find modelling work in commercials etc, and become a big fucking star thanks to my in-demand caucasian features and participate in the production of Occidentalist consumer fantasies that I was once briefly, during my time in Taichung, so opposed to.
7. Get in touch with Tania, the Russian who secured herself a Taiwanese husband just as her scholarship was about to run out, now living in Taipei.
8. I would finally get to go to Taroko Gorge and the East Coast beaches, and Green Island, which I never did when I was there (for EIGHTEEN MONTHS!)
Easy-Peasy Taiwanesey. Then I'll come back to Australia and wonder what to do again. My diet starts today, I've decided. All I've had to eat was some watery pumpkin soup, and that's all I'm going to eat. Go Liz! And I'm going to a kick-boxing class tonight. Good on me!
Now I have to go and photocopy half a book, which will not be exciting.
Might get something to eat...