Love at First Web Site
Wednesday, September 07, 2005
 
It's not on with the guy. Don't know why, don't care, if it wasn't meant to be, it wasn't meant to be. Ah. That's a relief, I was worried I'd have to start shaving my legs again or even brush my hair.

I had the business chinese test yesterday, I think I may have passed, but did a disappointing performance overall. It's over. Tonight I have 38 literature questions to write out for homework, due tomorrow, which I found out today, previously under the impression they were due on Friday.

On Saturday Fi is helping me christen my new car by going on a mini-road trip to Terrigal. Yay! And I think Leah is coming too. Yay!

I've been having the strangest dreams lately. Must be my new room. This morning I dreamt the Pied Piper was using his flute/recorder thing to draw all the women to him rather than children. I wonder what that says about my psychological well-being. Flutes....flute-shaped musical instruments... men, women.... NFI, man.

Had kickboxing yesterday, nearly passed out again, I am so unfit. I think there's too much carbon-monoxide in my system and that's why I felt faint. Must quit smoking. Can't afford another pack at the moment, so am being forced to stop. Haven't had one all day. Then I drove to Rose's to show off my new car. Another opportunity to practise driving. Still going off the same fuel I bought in Tumut. Having a car gives me the same feeling I had when I got my scooter in Taiwan. Freedom, independence, the kind of convenience that noone should live without!

I applied to UAC yesterday. This time it cost $41, what a rip, man. First preference is business at UTS, second is business at the Ku-ring-gai campus of UTS which has a lower UAI. Now that I have a car, it would be quite feasible to go to the Ku-ring-gai campus, with the view of only doing it for a year then transfering to city campus. Don't know when I'll travel, I care more about getting some kind of qualification to fall back on, so that if I ever do travel, it would be quite umm... feasible to look for a job that does not involve teaching English. Also, success is the best revenge, and it would be ideal to one day hit $100,000 or more and rub it in certain people's faces. Mmmmmm, yeah.

In classical they have what they call the AB-Ye structure a.k.a. the Baby Yeah structure. Now I'm just crapping on. Classical is getting much harder. I'll give you some example sentences: The state is the foundation of the world, the family is the foundation of the state and the body is the foundation of the family. If one takes rulers and vassals as fathers and sons then there will certainly be order. This is like being blind but wishing to know the natures of black and white. Why the hell am I studying classical chinese? Credit points. If you're going to do an Arts degree you may aswell do the most useless subjects there are.

Saw Dan wearing a "Keep Left" t-shirt today. He is so bloody up himself, only has time for people who are going to help his big career in campus politics. Maybe he is a government spy, planted on campus to keep the left in check. Better take my pills, or write a novel.

It was winter in Beijing as Betty stumbled off the plane, still drunk from the four o'clock tequilas at the Pig Pen during her last hours in Taiwan. "Where the fuck is my ride?" She asked herself. She sat in the airport Starbucks until finally someone turned up with a sign with her name on it. "Thank fucking god," she thought to herself. She could not wait to start showing off her chinese to the driver the hostel organised for her. She nearly wet her pants with excitement as he began to speak in a true-blue Beijing accent: errer ere er er er er er er. She was finally there, after all the organising and anticipation. At the hostel she tried to impress the staff with her chinese skills. They were unimpressed. It turned out it was no big deal for a foreigner to speak Chinese in Beijing, unlike in Taichung, Taiwan, where people nearly wet their pants with excitement when a foreigner speaks Chinese.

Fuck I have to go to class. To be continued!!!!!
 
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home
Welcome. For Taiwan posts see March 2004 - Jan 2005. Enjoy!! Do leave a comment - I feel loved.

Archives
March 2004 / April 2004 / May 2004 / June 2004 / July 2004 / August 2004 / September 2004 / October 2004 / November 2004 / December 2004 / January 2005 / March 2005 / April 2005 / May 2005 / June 2005 / July 2005 / August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 / August 2007 / September 2007 / October 2007 / November 2007 / December 2007 / January 2008 / February 2008 / March 2008 / April 2008 / May 2008 / June 2008 / August 2008 / December 2008 / January 2009 / May 2010 / July 2010 / August 2010 / September 2010 / October 2010 / December 2010 / January 2011 /


Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]