It's my Last Monday of Uni Ever. I was enchanted to meet today a friend from Classical who is also finishing off an equally useless Bachelor of Arts degree.
Her major is Anthropology. Ha! I said I'd end up an Assistant Manager at Dominoes, save up and travel, and she said her plan was exactly the same. See, I'm no different from anyone else! We also discussed how we never thought
we would end up as typical arts graduates with nothing waiting for us at the end, and how tragically anti-climatical it has been to be finishing off. Lots of people from Chinese are heading to China though and I'll probably go there too.
On the careers front, Rose has finally decided to be an Academic. As for me, I'm going to travel, be a traveller, no a Traveller, and write a book. Rose says I should choose one goal and stick to it. She is right. So, writing a book it is. But I also think it will be OK if I design satirical cartoons on the side and start painting. Do you know what my real goal is? To accept that whatever I do, I'm probably only ever going to be mediocre at it like everyone else who has similar aspirations. I'm not the only supremely gifted and talented tool in the shed, you know.
I once again succeeded in subconsciously sabotaging the seeds of a potential relationship and have decided that deep down I don't really want a relationship because I'm afraid of being vulnerable. Thanks go to all the arseholes I've known who have led me to think this way. But I think that if someone comes my way who is so god damn special I will give it a go. Oh, why did I stuff up with that Princeton graduate?