Must Like Conspiracy Theories
the new movie by acclaimed director Lizwa Doorman: Welcome home, Lizwa
Lizwa: What did you just say to me? Huh?
Doorman: All I said was, 'Welcome home'.
Lizwa: Stop controlling my mind, it's really irritating, I mean all I want is some privacy, goddamit!
DOorman: Luckily you gave me the number of your case worker, Lizwa. You're a
case and-a-half.Lizwa: That so-called case worker is just a secret agent, why call her, so you can discuss my thoughts? I know about the secret service's powers of telepathy, you know, and what I want to know is, if you can control people's thoughts, what about third-world hunger and war? Huh? What's all that about?
Doorman: Are you hearing voices Lizwa?
Lizwa: No, I've entered into telepathic conversations with people who really exist!
Doorman: Maybe it's just your subconscious talking. Take your medication.
Lizwa: They'll kill my whole family if I do.
Doorman: No, they won't. That thought will go away if you just take it.
Later, Liz waits for non-existent instructions from the secret service that will raise her from her bed, walk her to the nurse's counter, and say "I'm ready to take my medication now." She felt relieved, everyone had been telling her she could get out of there as soon as she took her medication, and she had been waiting for instructions as to when she could. Finally, they had come.