Hi once again in the library, about to recall everything I ate on the weekend.
Friday: Maccas for dinner
Saturday: Maccas for breakfast, Epping Club for lunch, Thai for dinner
Sunday: fish and chips for lunch
I am a fatty now. So that, my friends, is what I ate.
Today is my first day of classes. Have a two-hour maths lecture at four, freaking out a bit. I had a dream that someone told me the whole course would be a repeat of 2-unit maths and after that for some reason I no longer worried about it. Now I'm worried about it. But Angelica and no doubt a few more others are in the same boat so we can drown together! Or plead that it's hardly relevant to our design degrees... whatever.
Lately I've been keeping the radio on while I sleep to see if it affects my dreams. It used to and it's kind of doing it now but not really.
OK I had dinner with the Indian guy on Saturday, he was a fucked-up psycho and when he insisted on walking me home and refusing to leave me alone when I essentially told him to fuck off, I felt compelled to call the cops. Psycho. Bad experience.
On Sunday morning Pamela dragged me along to the Hillsong Church in Waterloo. It was my first time ever at church on a Sunday morning. Jesus. It started off with a chick on a microphone going 'are you excited to be in the house of god?' and everyone stood up and started clapping to the (pop) music and of course I would have been a bit of a wet blanket if I didn't stand up aswell so I stood up like everyone else and for Pamela's sake clapped my hands. The lyrics were all about loving 'the One' who's 'the Son' whose kingdom will 'come' etc. When the music was over they got straight down to business: Give Us All Your Money, arguing that it was good to give and they were helping tsunami victims in Sri Lanka. I was disgusted, but not surprised. A bit of a skeptic, I looked around me and saw people with their eyes closed looking so earnest, with one or two arms raised in the air, as if they were praying really fucking hard. This is essentially what I saw on Sunday morning: a large organisation abusing gullible Jesus-lovers by making a packet out of them and sucking them in with really fucked up crappy songs about "the Son" then asking for money by telling them that if they really believed they would give. I already knew that churches are notorious for this, but I didn't expect it to be so.. what's the word, flagrant. It was so fucking tacky with the live video streams being shown on the THREE screens in the middle and on either side of the stage. They record every session so they can sell them at the 'resource centre'. The only good thing was the free coffee afterwards. And everyone was so friendly. I met this chick who was in this highschool program. She told me that youth should be "given a choice" whether to be Christian or not. When I was in highschool, I had no choice in participating in one of these stupid programs where they told you that Jesus loves you etc etc and I was down eleven bucks after it. They never told us it was a Christian thing, they only said it was a development program or something. Enough bitching about Christianity, going to church on Sunday only strengthened my non-beliefs.