Well let's just say classes haven't even begun yet and I'm already having a good time. Yesterday I checked out the cinema society but didn't join coz it cost fifteen bucks. Then last night at the party the president who I spoke to remembered me and came and talked to me and I took the oppurtunity to ask him to let me join for free. And that is exactly what I did about twenty minutes ago. The party was good, Pamela piked out initially so I went the Bondi Junction to go window shopping and dream of working in all the design boutiques there (bloody Eastern suburbs!) and when I came back I just went stuff it and told Pamela it wasn't too late to go if she changed her mind. So she changed her mind. Dude, there was a crowd of people three metres thick around the bar and we had to wait for like forty five minutes to get out drinks. Then when we were sitting outside this Indian guy who grew up in NZ came up to us and was really funny and made us laugh alot. Then we had a dance and this Sri Lankan guy asked if he could 'hold' me and I told him I had a BF. Then back to the garden where we had another beer and Anan the Indian guy came back and he made a flower out of my cigarette. How sweet. Then the babe cinema society guy came back and I wondered what my chances were. Hence going back today. I wondered whether he was the president of the club and behold he is. So I have officially joined three clubs: 'cinesoc', the chocolate society, and the Chinese Students Association. I wonder how many other honkies joined that society. Anyway Pamela and I get along quite well and she had promoised to take me to the best restaurants next time I visit Singapore. Fully sick!
Today I'm going a-rockclimbing then I'm seeing 'Date Movie' with Melwa, Jimwa, and Laurenwa, who I haven't seen, come to think of it, in many years. Wow! Last time Mel talked about her she said Lauren had stopped eating out because she thought the food would be poisoned. Dude that's pretty serious, take it from me. A bit of risperdal will fix that.
So YAY I'm STILL excited about uni, I don't mind doing it all over again, because it's like having a second stab at it. I don't want to be too quick to say this but UNSW people are much friendlier, funnier, nicer etc. Pam reckons it's because Sydney attracts all the pretentious people while UNSW takes all the normal people... but is still a good uni.
There's no camp for ID instead there's a walking tour from Bronte to Bondi and we have to bring stuff like charcoal, pastels, and our visual diaries which means we'll be doing some funky stuff on the way. We get to go swimming too and afterwards is dinner at Bondi (hence the $30 fee... I guess...)
Being poor for the next four years may not be so bad. Also I just heard from German George that it's dead easy to get engineering-type jobs in China. I also read on Core77 that it's easy to get a job in Hong Kong (FULLY SICK!) although they work you harder. And in China they work you hard and you don't get paid much. But it's not about the money :-) Obviously.