Love at First Web Site
Friday, March 17, 2006
 
Back by popular demand! LOL.
So last friday's design class was really fun, I got complemented and was high for the rest of the day. Today's was another story, will get to that.
Saturday Kate came up from Tumut and we went to the art gallery and saw Self Portraits. Sunday I went to the beach with my flatmate Pamela then spontaneously combusted no spontaneously held a dinner party for Ella, Rose, and Marcin. I made ravioli all by myself, well just the filling, I bought the wonton wrappers. My neighbours Sharnie and Marissa from downstairs came up to watch TV so there was a fair crowd there. Monday was busy as usual, three hours of maths, scarcely following what was going on. Many industrial design students are opting for a maths skills course this semester and to do the real maths course later. As for me, I'm going to stick it out. Yesterday I tried answering review questions and did not have a clue so I wrote out a sign and stuck it out the front of Mulwarree appartments saying "Maths Tutor Wanted" and twenty minutes after coming back inside again, someone called. He's studying astro physics so should be pretty well-versed. Tuesday was my day off but I came into uni to print stuff out for my design assignment and do my computers assignment, which is to produce a two-page document with Adobe InDesign with the aim being to show off the technical skill you have learnt during class. Well, I haven't learnt anything except how to insert pictures, so that is exactly what I did. I will probably just pass. Then I came home and did the whole of my design assignment which was due today. As for Wednesday we had a ridiculously boring lecture on "information modelling" for Computers. I don't think I will turn up for the next lecture because we don't get assessed on what's in them. Yesterday was tech drawing, followed by a maths tute where after class I asked the teacher what the hell were trigonometric identities anyway, and she said either do the maths skills course or get a tutor. So I put the sign up and got a tutor straight away. We have organised to meet on Saturday. And today in Design Fundamentals everyone made their presentations and I got in trouble for having annotations, which were written in unattractive lettering, on strips of masking tape on a black background. Frankly I thought it looked 'cool' but to my teacher it was not on. So mine ended up being the one of the crappiest (there were some ultra good ones) and we can safely conclude that I am no longer the design prodigy I was last week! This afternoon is my orientation at Coles, I think it's paid, because I've already started spending in advance! Then tonight the film society and the Singapore Students Association are having a joint social at a bar on Oxford St so Pamela and I being members of these clubs are both going. So tomorrow I just have to wake up and meet the maths guy then on Sunday I have to come to the library and do an online maths test and a learning journal entry for Computers. Oh also in design today we showed our sketches and the teacher told one girl that her sketches were "terrible" and mine were pretty bad too even though they were pretty good for my standards. She said read some books or take some classes on how to draw. Geez man, maths classes, drawing classes, design class ego-deflation and harsh criticism, oh god, now that I'm not a design prodigy, how will I ever survive? I'm sure I'm not the least talented one in the whole course, I never am, I'll probably be just average.

OK well that's my week in a large nutshell, hope you all enjoyed it!

Oh by the way I made a chicken casserole and it was edible but the chicken was a bit dry and I added to much herbs. Just chucked them in, you know.
 
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home
Welcome. For Taiwan posts see March 2004 - Jan 2005. Enjoy!! Do leave a comment - I feel loved.

Archives
March 2004 / April 2004 / May 2004 / June 2004 / July 2004 / August 2004 / September 2004 / October 2004 / November 2004 / December 2004 / January 2005 / March 2005 / April 2005 / May 2005 / June 2005 / July 2005 / August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 / August 2007 / September 2007 / October 2007 / November 2007 / December 2007 / January 2008 / February 2008 / March 2008 / April 2008 / May 2008 / June 2008 / August 2008 / December 2008 / January 2009 / May 2010 / July 2010 / August 2010 / September 2010 / October 2010 / December 2010 / January 2011 /


Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]