The Beginning of a New Eraas a Check-Out Chick. Coles Randwick called, I was on the fucking field trip so I missed it. I goddam hope they didn't call someone else after trying me and give them MY interview. I can smell the money. I can smell an airport. I can smell a polluted Chinese river.
To tell you the truth, I've always wondered what it would be like to be a check-out chick. Nice uniform, working alone, not having to talk to anyone, scanning things, asking for Fly Buys cards... What's that I smell? Smells like money!
On Thursday I went down to a 'meet and greet' organised by some people at Mulwarree appartments. Some guys came down and brought us all back to their appartment, number nine. I met a few people including a handsome version of Kevin Bacon studying graduate law. Then I came back, me and Pamela went to get dinner and something to drink, then we got Andy out of his room to drink with us. Language 'du jour' was of course Chinese and Andy is going to come with me tomorrow to the Chinese Students Association welcome BBQ.
Last night I was going to go to a party at number nine but Star Wars 3 was on, which is my favourite, where Luke Skywalker finds out Darth Vader is his father, so Luke (from Tumut) and I just sat on the couch watching that and finishing two bottles of wine. We couldn't shag for alcohol-related physiological issues but after a bit of MM we both successfully passed out. I woke in the morning to be told by Luke that I was talking in my sleep... in Chinese. Dude, I hope there's nothing serious going on upstairs, to be talking in my sleep in another fucking language. What the hell was I dreaming? And you know how dreams are so weird and trippy... I hope my Mum isn't smart enough to figure out what MM stands for otherwise she'll once again tell me to cool it with this blog.
As for the 'fucking' field trip, it was a waste of thirty dollars except for this one drawing exercise where we drew circles and squares and triangles in all different sizes. Then they got philosophical on us and said that everything we design is based on circles and squares. Our next exercise was to recall childhood memories we have about circles and squares. I'm not shitting you. Then based on our discussions, we had to build sandcastles together on the beach (Bronte). A bit airy-fairy, a bit hippy, a bit College-of-Fine-Arts maybe... the general consensus was that the whole day lacked a point and we got nothing for thirty bucks. Everyone had the shits so they cancelled the last activity and said we could go home.
Well I'm at Dad's house at the moment and Ben is trying to convince me to accept his Gameboy Advance as a two years worth of birthday presents. I'm like 'dude, I'm really not into video games' and all I can do is imagine selling it like a junky would do and getting a bit of extra cash. Speaking of extra cash, I better fucking get this job at Coles because I've already decided that I've got the job and therefore already concluded that I will indeed go to China at the end of the year. And spend lots on red wine in the meantime. Cheryl took me shopping today. Three skirts, three tops, a funky bracelet. We also watched Rent. Ben walked out coz it was a bit too musical for his liking. I cried during the AIDS support meetings and when Angel died. It was pretty sad, and so contemporary, but set already a decade ago.
||||OK BYE FOR NOW
||||I'M GOING TO BED
||||GOODNIGHT