Love at First Web Site
Monday, April 03, 2006
 
So, let me go through my week bit by bit. Man, my shortterm memory is retarded but I'll do my best.
I did four shifts last week. This week i will get paid for these plus my two training shifts that I did the week before but did not get paid for. And the money, at last, came rolling in.
This week I'm also working four shifts and had the option of doing more.
On Thursday in tech drawing we were given a massive model-making assignment. We have to use foam core ($12/sheet) to recreate an iron or a lamp or a guitar or some object. That's gonna be fucking annoying to make. On Friday we were given another huge assignment. First we have to do a drawing in the same style as a Piranese etching, based around an original Piranese etching, on A1 size tracing paper. So where the hell do you get A1 tracing paper from, I hear you ask. Then we have to photocopy the whole thing onto A1 normal paper, then mount it to a piece of A1 stiff cardboard. Jesus Christ.
On Thursday night I went to a tango class in Hyde Park with my maths tutor. He said he sometimes had to sit and watch because he didn't have a partner so I invited myself along. He's a bit dorky, and doing a PhD in astrophysics. I hope that because he's male and I'm female, he doesn't think I'm interested in him. You know how some guys think that people of the opposite sex have to be more than friends. Tango is really fun, I got into it a bit and want to go again although before I had a chance to tell work I was unavailable on Thursdays, i got rostered on. But next time.
On Friday let's see what I did OH not much I think I made green curry and went to bed. On Saturday I worked and then hung out at Ella's. She is moving out on her own for the first time ever and I think i will get her a cookbook (vego of course) as a housewarming present.
Then last night I went to a CineSoc (film society) pre-production meeting for a shortfilm they're doing. I have joined the "DVD team" which means I'll be helping to make 'the making of' video. The chick who seems to be running it seems like a glory-hog and I probably won't get much say in how it's done or get a chance to hold the camera much (flashback to Holly in the young achievers business thing in year 11... night mare on elm street) but I'll try to be involved anyway so that I get my foot in the door for next time.
Oh my the way, India is out of the question, you need a bank balance of $10 000 to apply for every six months that you go on exchange. Fuck that! China it is.
 
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home
Welcome. For Taiwan posts see March 2004 - Jan 2005. Enjoy!! Do leave a comment - I feel loved.

Archives
March 2004 / April 2004 / May 2004 / June 2004 / July 2004 / August 2004 / September 2004 / October 2004 / November 2004 / December 2004 / January 2005 / March 2005 / April 2005 / May 2005 / June 2005 / July 2005 / August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 / August 2007 / September 2007 / October 2007 / November 2007 / December 2007 / January 2008 / February 2008 / March 2008 / April 2008 / May 2008 / June 2008 / August 2008 / December 2008 / January 2009 / May 2010 / July 2010 / August 2010 / September 2010 / October 2010 / December 2010 / January 2011 /


Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]