Well here I am at age 22 working in a supermarket and being paid $16 an hour to sell furniture. That's what you get for doing an Arts degree, I told a customer at Coles. Two customers have said to me "someone's gotta do it" which is true, but the same goes for cleaning toilets and collecting garbage. I've pretty much decided not to study anymore which leaves me in the gutter career-wise but I'm hopeful about federal police which seems to be my last chance at the moment. Can't join the army till I've been off medication for at least two years. On Wednesday the careers office at UNSW is having women from the intelligence community talk about their careers, and I fucking got rostered on at Coles. I might call in sick. In fact, I will, and if they want to fire me, they bloody well can. How on earth could I miss something like that?
I graduated on Friday. I was really nervous. I saw a couple of people I used to know. One girl has got a full time job and studying a master of media studies part time the bitch. Why doesn't anyone tell me about these jobs? What the hell am I supposed to do?
Anyway afterwards I got drunk off champagne, or 'sparkling wine' according to Pam. We then had another beer then had dinner then went back to Rose's where Kuba wanted to stay up and party but I wanted to go to sleep coz I had to work at midday the next day, which is really early for me. I wish I didn't have to work on weekends. Or weekdays for that matter. I wish I didn't have to work. Kuba asked me if I wanted to see a movie with him, I said OK, and he asked for my number, and I told him to ask Rose for it, and then I drove home thinking shit what message did i just send him. I don't think i want to pursue something with him only because of the language barrier and I wasn't immediately attracted to him when I first met him.
So Pam and I are thinking of moving out together but I don't think either of us will be able to get leases, just like when Alex and I tried to move out together. I also don't want to spend that much because I want to be able to save what pittance I earn from whatever job I get and go to China. Also I once again considered going to Europe.
My birthday will be at the Hard Rock Cafe which will be nice. Mel's wants a big American style burger.
Actually I think I had five glasses of champagne. Two at uni and three or four at the bar. So that makes six. No wonder I was so drunk.
At the moment I'm chatting on msn with Dave the guy from RSVP. Speaking of RSVP, I'm this is what I added to my profile: 'must be qualified and/or experienced in female anatomy'. See how many emails I get.
Deary oh. Life is so boring right now, so boring.