So I deliberated and deliberated over what I was going to do about work. I decided to risk it and I pull out of the North Sydney job altoghether, feeling confident that I will get this job that I'm at now. I told the agency and they tried to convince me I was making the wrong decision. What I told them was that I wanted to try to go for higher paid jobs, I didn't tell them about applying for this job, and they said it was the wrong decision, they really made me feel scared. Anyway if I've made a mistake and thrown it all away, it was worth trying for, and I can probably just spend the next six months temping till I get offered a permanent position. Not too worried, although my rent was due on Friday, and I still haven't paid it, because I honestly don't have enough to pay it! As broke as I am, I still buy coffee. It's a social thing really. Anyway this whole risk-taking business feels really good, I feel like an enterprising business man or a stock-broker, all so I can make up to an extra $4000 by the end of this year.
Worth the risk, or not?
I'm running out of food again so I made mashed potatos to have with the leftover bolognese sauce from the weekend. It's an upside down sheperd's pie in my lunchbox. Not bad really. For dinner I'm going to have canned soup. I've also run out of bread but I still have half a bag of frozen dumplings left so I can have that for tomorrow's dinner. I still have cereal, so I can have that for lunch tomorrow, milk supplied free of charge at work.
Ah anyway, the temping agency have only just found my bank details, so I'm going to be paid in the next few days, which will then allow me to pay my rent. Then my next rent will be due before I know it, then eventually I will be back with my feet on the ground, my head above water, etc etc.
My typing's getting better already, being a secretary and all. I can type words like hepatitis, fibrosis, and pegylated interferon and ribavirin therapy really fast now.
Living downstairs has been momentously stimulating, there's a DVD player so i've been watching movies everyday since I moved in. Next I'll watch One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest although my heart will be broken all over again. Actually I might not watch it, it's too disturbing.
Anyway keep reading my ultra-exciting blog everyone!
Smell you later,
Lizwa