Well here I am back in Tumut with the Boydy Bunch. Just been pigging out on apple strudel that Kate made, quite good really.
This morning the job agency rang and told me they are lining up two weeks of temp work for before I start at ISS. Phew for a moment there I thought they wouldn't find anything coz the dosh is tight at the mo. Coolness.
Last night Pam and I had a huge argument about Chinese medicine. Even though I admitted I was taking an orientalist-style attitude, it still think humorism is primitive especially now that we have discovered digestion and what food is made up of. Basically, Pam thinks she got sick because she ate too many peanuts, which are 'heaty', and if you don't balance 'cooling' foods with 'heaty' foods, you get sick. So I argued that I had been eating only 'heaty' foods for the past few days, and I hadn't become sick, so it was just like arguing with a Christian when she concluded that my body must have a higher tolerance for 'heaty' foods. Primitive. She researched it on the internet and printed out an article on it for me to read, failing to realised that the article was based on the premise that these beliefs are 'folk beliefs'. Anyway I can't believe I lived in Taiwan for 18 months and didn't know about 'heaty' and 'cooling' foods. God I would have left earlier. (!)