Finished the assignment in about one hour. It's crap but it will pass I think. Went to the international careers expo on campus, it was mainly for Chinese people studying accounting. In fact they should have had a big sign up saying 'You must be Chinese and studying accounting'. It was stupid. For some, you had to be a resident of the Asian countries you wanted to work in... like I said: 'You must be Chinese and studying accounting'.
Got the job, start tomorrow. It's all data entry, yippee, but I am one level up from reception, which means I'm no longer at the bottom of the food chain. Yay. In my life I have gotten every job I have interviewed for (except one which doesn't count because they were weird and asked me personal questions like how much do i get from Centrelink and what do i live off etc)
I have a group assignment for each subject this semester and because Olya is in both my classes and we are friendly, we are in both groups together. It will be interesting to see how that works out. I'm not worried at all about any of these assignments because one is 630 words each (you've got to be joking, right?) and the other is 900 each. Jesus. A lesson in being concise, I suppose.
I have decided I want to work for a management consultancy. At the expo I spoke to a guy from Accenture who flies here from Singapore every two weeks to work with Optus. Anyway I think to join a consultancy/professional services firm, you need accounting knowledge. So I may end up doing that but I think I will make an appointment with the careers office first. I have a semester to think about it. Man I'm typing fast today. Actually what he said was that if you come from an accounting background, you can go into the Finance stream. Hmmm. But my main concern is... if I don't get into a single consulting firm, I'm stuck with an accounting degree which will then force me into doing something to do with accounting, if you get my drift. Accounts payable at Dolby for instance - hmmmmm, stimulating. There's no point doing this degree to be in a job which is half administration anyway. Who knows. Although apparently Comm bank hires people with Arts degrees...