In the library.
Noon
On a SUNDAY
When it's HOT OUTSIDE
And I'm going to the beach later
I brought my swimmers with me
So that we can go straight there when Rose picks me up
But for now,
It's PROCRASTINATION BY BLOGGING
And MORE PROCRASTINATION
Who would have thought
An 800-word report
Could be so INTIMIDATING
So I am left to write a poem
That DOESN'T RHYME
Text
Interspersed
With words in CAPITAL LETTERS
The air-con in here sucks
But I'm glad none the less
That I managed
To drag myself here
(thru the heat for twenty minutes)
PAT ON THE BACK
Nothing's open
I'm hungry now and haven't eaten anything all day
See what I'm putting myself thru?
Fuck this.
Ok here's the plan.
1)Print out articles.
2)Underline useful shit.
3)Type up 800 words of nonsense by the time Rose calls.
4)Get my 10kg-heavier-than-3-years-ago-arse off to Coogee beach.
First of all, I am sick of going to parties where I don't know anyone. Let's face it, I'm fucking shy, and this is something that hasn't changed and probably never will. So fuck this, no wonder people become hermits. I feel like giving up on people all together.
La di da di da oh now I need to go to the dunny which is one floor down.
Also I discovered that there is a computer lab exclusively for post-grad students. That's me! A 'post-grad' student... among people that studied Economics and Finance in their undergrad and already work for large corporations... Who the hell do I think
I am studying this degree JUST TO GET MY FOOT IN THE FUCKING DOOR? And even then I'll still be left to turn up at The Establishment and recite my relatively uneventful resume off to anyone wearing a suit, prefereably a man, because a little flirting goes a long way. Use it, sister!
I came home on Friday after work feeling like I was about to have a nervous breakdown, even though I don't even know what a nervous breakdown IS! Well I guess when you're having one you just instinctively know that that is the name it goes by. So I rang Kate and she said to call whenever I need to and that is just great. I love Kate, she is like a suprise birthday party that will last for the rest of my life.
Ok must
at least print out those stupid articles about Coke and Pepsi and the Chinese market.
Love
Lizwa