I have a busy week this week. Last night I was at Olya's working on our group assignment on HIH till 9.30. In 2 and a half hours of work, we managed to get 300 words out! (on the ethical issues of HIH's corporate culture...) Tonight I've got class and then somehow I have to write up my speech which I have to do in tomorrow's class...
Been reading on the UNSW careers website how to 'network'. I have a plan already. But I'm not going to start until when I get back from Korea... THAT's if I get it! hehe. I filled out the application form yesterday. In the question about career goals I said I wanted to offer cross-cultural consultation services to ogranisations embarking on operations in the Asia-Pacific region, as there is a need and demand for greater cultural understanding of our neighbours' cultures in view of the increasingly global outlook of businesses today...
It turns out Sydney Uni has a M Commerce program aswell. God I'm dumb. You know I think in highschool they should teach you what kinds of courses there are because when I was an undergrad I had no idea that I could do another degree post-grad that wasn't related to my undergrad.
I got in trouble at work this morning, I was doing uni work and forgot to unload the dishwasher and check for faxes. So she came and lost it a little bit. Then I heard my supervisor complaining about having a student in as a temp doing uni work. Well at least I know it's not personal. I'm just another 'student'. Now I have to hope that the consequences of an iminent bad rap will not be as far reaching as affecting the rest of my career. So, hey, I'm just not a good office girl, but who the fuck wants to be? Does it say much about my overall abilities? So I sat at my desk, staring at the wallpaper on my computer, not doing uni work, not surfing, and realised there was nothing else I can do about my situation until I get back from Korea (IF that happens!!! hehe) and have the chance to find something permanent. That's when I get into the 'networking' side of things. If it's networking I must do, then it's networking I shall do. But it's sad to think you are making new acquaintances with a specific objective in mind. What happened to making friends for the sake of making friends? Well that's gone out the window. I think what they mean is that possibly you make friends along the way...
Peace out!
Here is a blog about networking:
click here