Love at First Web Site
Sunday, October 15, 2006
 
I stayed up till 4am last night finishing off 'The Devil Wears Prada' and was still awake as the sun began to rise.
It had a great feel good ending and I stayed awake hoping one day I have a great story to tell that I could turn into a bestselling book... sigh... I'm definitely one of those people who believe theu have a book inside them...
By the way, it has come to my attention that your IQ plateaus at around age 25, and that therefore leaves me with 3 years to become as smart as possible for it all goes downhill from there. So many books to read... so many blogs to post...!
Marissa has turned into a little user, sucking up to me for example yesterday when I came home, as she needed some nice earrings to wear. I brought out my whole jewellery box excited at the prospect of taking her through each item and telling her the story behing everything, but once she chose a pair she made it quite clear that she was finished with me.
I have taken a passive approach to her immaturity, lack of respect (which is probably my fault) and occassional bitchiness (e.g. I was raving about how good the first episode of series 3 Lost was so good etc and she was like "Yeah but Liz did you even watch series 1 and 2?") and continue to give her fashion advice and tell her she looks great before she goes out like I'm her big sister or something. I mean, that's what it feels like - even though I'm less than a year older than her I feel as though she's still about 18 years old. I guess that's the way she acts. And hence the passive approach - I'm beyond it and just see her for who she is.
 
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home
Welcome. For Taiwan posts see March 2004 - Jan 2005. Enjoy!! Do leave a comment - I feel loved.

Archives
March 2004 / April 2004 / May 2004 / June 2004 / July 2004 / August 2004 / September 2004 / October 2004 / November 2004 / December 2004 / January 2005 / March 2005 / April 2005 / May 2005 / June 2005 / July 2005 / August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 / August 2007 / September 2007 / October 2007 / November 2007 / December 2007 / January 2008 / February 2008 / March 2008 / April 2008 / May 2008 / June 2008 / August 2008 / December 2008 / January 2009 / May 2010 / July 2010 / August 2010 / September 2010 / October 2010 / December 2010 / January 2011 /


Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]