This year is coming to an end. Let's sum it up in a few sentences.
Financially it was an absolute disaster, spending my precious savings and ending up with 0 in the bank and $20 in my wallet on my worst day.
Career wise, it's also been an absolute disaster, falling not only off the rails, but off the bridge, into the water below, and feeling the very bottom of the river bed with my toes. And, here I am
stuffing envelopes for a living.
Yeah yeah yeah, so I was warned life never turns out the way you plan it to, but COME ON!
The only thing I've really learnt this year, which noone ever taught me at school or in uni, was that you have to be
proactive in life to achieve anything. I keep thinking, later I'll sit down and send off cover letters and resumes to every company in Sydney, but I fucking absolutely DREAD the prospect of writing stupid cover letters that sound like the prize-winning ones on the UNSW careers website. And I think, everyone else has the same idea, the same qualifications and MORE (e.g they were President of the Caremelised Onion and Blue Cheese on Crackers Eating Society from 2003-04 and Junior World Champion of Being a Preppy Law/Finance Student Who Was Advantaged from the Day They Were Fucking Born) and let's face it, I am a small fish in a big, big pond baby. In highschool you think you're king of the world because your teacher says you're gifted in languages, then you go to uni and realise the whole Arts faculty is full of people just like you who were so passionate about it they chose languages over commerce or something. You learn Chinese and everyone goes wow that is so different and then you go to China and you find there's a whole society of people there for the sole reason of learning Chinese. The world is a big place, I'm afraid, and it's sink or swim. Granted I live in a cushy first-world country and would never have to steal or beg, but higher up on the heirarchy of needs, to gain any intellectual satisfaction out of life you have to fight your fat arse off, because news flash, there are millions of people as smart as you. It ain't no Henry Kendall High School cooking class out there.
Moving downstairs into #29 was an excellent decision. Bravo for me. Have reached a point where I am comfortable enough to be myself (to a certain degree - I still have to restrain myself sometimes). Calvin said this year has been his happiest year in a long time, and it's been good for me too. Because I'm so shy outside home I tend to overcompensate for it at home, speaking my mind, suggesting what I think is a better idea all the time etc. I think I come across alright though... I hope.
Last night I went out with some girls from uni. Listen, I don't care what anyone says, no matter where I fucking go whether it's a Guomindang indoctrination weekend camp in central Taichung or a clothes shop in Dong Bie , Chinese girls are all b-i-t-c-h-e-s. Except a couple. Ahem.
I fucking give up man.
Love
Lizwaaaaaaaaaaaaaa