Love at First Web Site
Thursday, February 15, 2007
 
LIZWA PTY LTD ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING 2007
PRESENT: LIZ, CEO
APOLOGIES: A VALENTINE

AGENDA:

1. Valentine's Day
I was going to get my fellow Valentine-less flatmate Vanja a rose yesterday, but they were ten bucks. So I bought a card. On the way home from Central I contemplated whether to pretend it was from an anonymous secret admirer. So yes I got home, wrote inside "Vanja... xx" and left it on the

INTERMISSION WITH KATE ON PHONE

doorstep of our appartment. I sat on the couch watching TV, waiting with baited breath for the rustling of plastic bags and the flip flop of her thongs echoing in the stairwell outside. Finally the time came. She paused, probably to pick up the envelope, while I mentally prepated myself, much like an actor would do before a big scene, to feign complete surprise and amazement. The door opened, I turned my head from the TV , like I normally do, and as I opened my mouth to ask her the most unsuspect of questions ("How was wor...") she stopped and asked, with a hint of knowing impatience, "Liz, did you do this?"

At that very moment, my Oscar performance was cancelled abruptly as I cracked and confessed to everything.

Valentine's Day non-celebrations were finished with her going to bed after us pigging out on BBQ chicken, Doritos, and chocolate.

2. Stapling Invoices:
The girl who normally does reception left 3 archive boxes of stapling sitting stagnant behind the desk for three weeks, knowing that I would eventually arrive (3 weeks later) to do it for her. Two days after I got here, the next two boxes were delivered to me, and I was asked to let her know when they were done. Nice girls, but bludgers, through and through. I felt slightly resentful. But this is precisely why I temp, my friends, so I don't have to PERMANENTLY put up with that kind of shit. Otherwise you would find me arresting myself for double homocide.

3. Books
I just finished that book I bought two weeks ago.
Is being moved really so much to ask these days? Where did my $22 go?


4. General business
In order to increase my IQ by the time I reach age 25 and my IQ plateaus, I bought a copy of The Monthly. It's a magazine about stuff. Anyway the writers are mostly academics if you get my drift. OK so I'm reading it, and I find that it's quite reader-friendly, and I also find that it's half-interesting! Not challenging enough, obviously.
 
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home
Welcome. For Taiwan posts see March 2004 - Jan 2005. Enjoy!! Do leave a comment - I feel loved.

Archives
March 2004 / April 2004 / May 2004 / June 2004 / July 2004 / August 2004 / September 2004 / October 2004 / November 2004 / December 2004 / January 2005 / March 2005 / April 2005 / May 2005 / June 2005 / July 2005 / August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 / August 2007 / September 2007 / October 2007 / November 2007 / December 2007 / January 2008 / February 2008 / March 2008 / April 2008 / May 2008 / June 2008 / August 2008 / December 2008 / January 2009 / May 2010 / July 2010 / August 2010 / September 2010 / October 2010 / December 2010 / January 2011 /


Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]