It's Friday night and I've dedicated tonight to writing an awesome response to the selection criteria for this job that I'm going to go for. News just in - you can use dot points in your answers. I like it. I like it alot.
Today I printed out the application form for a UK passport. I shuddered at the $300 price tag, but delighted in the list of countries that are part of the EU. Shani and Ian gave me a healthy reality check about London - most people who go there for working holidays never end up saving much to travel anyway, and rent is ridiculous, and the best bet would be to share a room with someone in an appartment with ten people living in it. I like that idea, though!!!
Today on smh in a forum about whether Sydneysiders are selfish, someone quoted some song lyrics that went "If you can't make it in Melbourne, you'll never make it in Sydney". Well, if I can't make it in Sydney... I guess I'll never make it in London! Shani said it was even more cut-throat than Sydney. Maybe I was destined not to have a good career. My new life plan is to sail through life without writing a single cover letter. I wonder how long that will last until I give in. Or when I'm 25 and still have no experience in anything. Alarm bells. Lai bu ji le. But who cares, even if I end up a bitter old phone-aswering underpaid masters-holding 40 year old at least I can say I did what I wanted to do, which is travel.
Vanja reckons temping is dead-end, but on the contrary, it can lead to opportunities. At the restaurant and catering association they said they'd be happy for me to apply for the events coordinator job that was coming up (I changed my mind after the title was changed to 'events administrative assistant', what a snob I am) so yeah that could have been half a footstep out of the Admin Circle of Doom. Funny that - the new title described the position very accurately, and I knew exactly what the job involved, but for me, it was obviously the title that mattered only. From a business perspective, the salary was something like 35 grand, so by emphasising the admin aspect of the job, then can get away with paying as little as possible.
Maybe I should have taken it. In fact, it would probably have been able to help me for the job I'm going to apply for which is an 'events and programs officer' position.
I'm totally procrastinating from writing this job app. It's like having a nasty assignment to write for uni.
I got another letter from the uni housing officer today, telling me that if I didn't contact them by Tuesday, they would be forced to terminate my tenancy. So I wrote an email just being honest with them saying it was all the AFP's fault (which it is) and that my circumstances warrant special consideration.
Now that I've got a computer, I can sit in my room and write to my heart's content. What I always dreamed of. OK inspiration. Maybe I should go buy a can of Redbull. The thing is, I want to write about experiences, and put it on the net, but not this blog, coz people I know read it. It's time for a new anonymous blog.
I cracked a funny the other day. Now I'm really procrastinating. I would tell the joke I made but it would reveal a personal secret I wish not to reveal.
I need inspiration. A male muse. Kuba is not a muse. Maybe George is, from half way around the world.