My next big weekend will be the weekend Kate comes up for the Pink concert. We are going to stay in a hotel in the city and do fun stuff like on the Saturday a one-day art class etc. YAY FACTOR 10.
We are really democratic in this household. It was a funny morning. Marissa sent us a set of five key ring things with a Beijing Olympics theme. They are different colours. And Shani, Vanja and I all wanted the red one. So instead of fighting about it, we all gave an oration of sorts on why each of us should have the red one. I think Vanja won, because she argued that she always wears red, and she is a communist, so it just works. My argument was that in my family it is a tradition to pick the red playing token when playing board games etc. Anyway sad, but true.
I watched the Departed the other night. Fucking excellent. Got depressed - I would have started training on Monday. Today I got the same email I got three weeks ago telling me that I didn't pass the medical. So I cracked and sent them an email back. Here it is.
Dear Recruitment Team,
Thanks for the email. I actually received the same one from A-- --- over 3 weeks ago. It is also odd timing, as after my interview, I was booked in over the phone to start a course on April 16th - 3 days ago. The timing of the whole process has been very odd, and dare I say it, seems a little disorganised. After my interview, I was called by one of you, and told to fill out my security clearance and send it to Canberra. I was rung twice by them, by two different people, on two occasions 3 weeks apart, asking why I had sent it in. The first caller said she would sort it out, then three weeks later, after I imagine the form had been sitting in a pile somewhere (?) another person called to ask the same thing. It was then that I called recruitment, only to find out that there was a problem with my medical clearance. This was roughly two weeks after I attended the medical appointment, and I don't know how long it would have been left to actually tell me I had not passed, if I had not made those enquiries, remembering that the whole time I was preparing to start on the date given to me over the phone. Also, I am still waiting for my reply from the medical officer to find out why I didn't pass. I sent a letter three weeks ago.
I am probably also speaking for the possibly many others who put their lives on hold for this, only to encounter inefficiency and poor communication from recruitment. I think there's room for improvement. I deferred uni in aniticipation - if I had been informed just one week earlier that I could not proceed with my application, I could have re-enrolled. This has just added another semester to my degree.
Yours sincerely,
I wanted to really go wild, but this represents maximum restraint.
My savings for my ticket to London a.k.a. the George-Shagging Monetary Fund are under way. Small steps, small steps. Yeah. Only worked three days last week so this week I'm brokedy broke broke as usual, but I STILL put some cash into the GSMF. Today I only had a cheeseburger and small fries for lunch - $3.50! Good old maccas. But then I had a sushi roll for afternoon tea. I really should stick to buying the raw tuna ones in the morning. In the afternoon the slices have dried edges which you don't really want to stick in your mouth, unless you're hungry because you only had a cheeseburger and small fries for lunch, of course.
Kuba and I had so much fun last night. He fucking cracked me up big time. Sigh.
My laptop is arriving on Monday. I promise to:
1.Blog, blog, blog, every day.
2.Apply for jobs, and actually put some effort in. After all, I'll have the time and the... RESOURCES AHEM.
I started a spreadsheet of my expenditures, but I couldn't be bothered today, so now it's over. It doesn't really help much, it just hits home how much money you waste everyday on the little things (and the bigger things like alcohol) and you go OH MY GOD I'M SO BAD and then you go to the convenience store and buy a packet of chips and a snake for the bus ride home and forget about it. I've been a compulsive spender and smoker ever since I got home from Taiwan. I'm hypothesising the possible reasons behind this. As long as I stay away from can openers, I will never spend the sacred GSMF.