Love at First Web Site
Sunday, May 06, 2007
 
CAREER PLAN #102

Changing my specialisation to tourism marketing. It covers event management (which i'm interested in), and hospitality (yes, I would happily spend the rest of my life on a tropical island). I've been getting all these 'signs' you see. There was the events officer job at the maritime museum which I could have applied for, now there's an entry level job that I'm going to go for at MSF Events which is all admin but the company manages events for top-tier firms, and a Tourism Coordinator job at where else but the Opera House - entry level. Admin experience, all decently regarded. So it's worth applying. And I could put 'Tourism Marketing' on my resume, and it would look really, really good. And anyway Organisation and Management leads to nothing except consulting, which I do not want to do, darling. We can thank Evil Elton for that.

This is what the blurb says: "This specialisation focuses on the tourism and hopsitality industry, specifically the planning, promotion and delivery of attractions, EVENTS, meetings, transport and lodging."

Stay tuned for Career Plan #103.


I had a good weekend. Have been kept busy with random events sourced from the herald. The 'Rock the Block' music festival was a flop and a half, the fact that it was held at the Block may or may not have had anything to do with it. OK so I admit I found myself clutching my handbag every time I noticed someone lingering too closely behind me. The reason I went was because in the paper it said there'd be bush tucker to try, and I thought Ian might like to go check it out, but there was alas no bush tucker, not a single widgety grub to be had.

Today I took Rong Rong on the ferry to Manly. It was alright. Man I'm becoming some kind of a tour guide or something. Anyway I bought some 'fair trade' coffee.

Then I had a glass of wine at the food and wine festival at Kings Cross with Fi. Fi's going well, she said I was in the same boat as plenty of other of her friends who feel they are not achieving anything. Anyway she met the organiser of a literary festival in Sri Lanka who then invited her to apply for the role of Festival Manager for that festival, ongoing. But the lady has been unclear as to what the result is and poor Fi is getting a bit anxious.

And then tonight I am having some more alcohol oops I mean wine at Ian's.

So yes, this weekend I had a life. Breathe out.

Shani just brought me a copy of Tharunka. Women's edition. Yay! More fuel for the fire.

Lizwa
 
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home
Welcome. For Taiwan posts see March 2004 - Jan 2005. Enjoy!! Do leave a comment - I feel loved.

Archives
March 2004 / April 2004 / May 2004 / June 2004 / July 2004 / August 2004 / September 2004 / October 2004 / November 2004 / December 2004 / January 2005 / March 2005 / April 2005 / May 2005 / June 2005 / July 2005 / August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 / August 2007 / September 2007 / October 2007 / November 2007 / December 2007 / January 2008 / February 2008 / March 2008 / April 2008 / May 2008 / June 2008 / August 2008 / December 2008 / January 2009 / May 2010 / July 2010 / August 2010 / September 2010 / October 2010 / December 2010 / January 2011 /


Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]