
I haven't blogged for a week or so. Could this possibly mean that I'm over it?
Well obviously not.
OK now to my obsession with finding a job.
On Thursday I submitted my application for the Dept. of State and Regional Development.
Today I got the paper as usual and found two interesting ads, one for "Intelligence Support Officer" at ASIO, which must be one step down from Intelligence Officer, and one for Membership Officer at the YHA Head Office. For the ASIO one I got sent the selection criteria. I didn't realise I sent the request from my other email address,
brainsurgeonextraordinaire@hotmail.com, because I think they got the wrong idea on just who might be able to complete an application for those jobs.
On the YHA side of things, I confidently jazzed up my resume, applying my knowledge of exactly what a Membership Officer does (data entry actually but it's a start) and am currently psyching myself up to write a cover letter. I'm thinking of googling specific examples of cover letters for this 'profession' just so I get an interview (to then be told that the salary is $25 000 including super). There's this book at Borders in BJ on what language and phrases to use to politely and professionally negotiate your salary. I must go in there and have another good look at it. But not buy it.
In other news um well I've changed my tune at work. Feel alot more confident about it and less bitter and twisted about doing something crappy. The way I see it is this: People who are good at what they do, no matter what exactly they do, get ahead. Obviousness Factor 10, I know, but here's my logic. Why wouldn't you promote an 'excellent' admin girl to a real job, especially if she has a degree? (Or two?) There's no reason why not. So, I'm going to do admin, but I'm going to be so fucking good at it, everyone who works with me is either going to love me, or jealously try to sabotage me. ;-) (If the office is dominated by females aged 18-30) Either way, it's a compliment!
Graduate programs are for pussies!
Yeah, that's right. Anyway I heard from someone 'in the know' that graduate positions with big companies are stupid and you don't learn anything and all you do is 'sit around sipping lattes and say "Hey, I work for PwC"' (a direct quote from a friend's husband).
P.S. The IGSMF is going impressively well.