MORE Back to the Future/Past/You knowFriday, 31 December 2004New Year's Resolutions
I'm going back to uni.
1. Turn up when the drama society has auditions instead of writing it in my diary and fully intending to go but deciding to go and get hot chips instead!
2. Spend more money on clothes, and stop talking myself out of buying something because of how ridiculous it is to pay $100 for something that was probably made in a sweatshop in Abbakaddaba anyway!
3. Enjoy writing essays and not freaking out and taking the stance that according to the laws of post-modernism the essay can not be written anway!
4. Get some funky marks and go yeah, I got some funky marks, yeah baby
5. Accept the fact that the world is not prepared to handle my honest and straightforward ways and that in order to survive I'm going to have to be just like the rest of them! Oh no!
6. Find a man and fall more in love than I ever did with anyone else!
7. Find a million language exchange partners (yesssss, it's time to exact my revenge) so I don't forget more than say, 85.6% of my Chinese
8. Go and make lots of money teaching English privately and never make anyone coffee for ten bucks an hour again!
9. Run for union board but do a joke-campaign with radical left-wing policies such as
-no private school kids allowed to run the union or be involved with it in any way
-no private school kids allowed to study law
-no private school kids allowed to step on the lawns -losers with poor social skills but good hearts UNITE! You are everywhere!
-launch the "One Hundred Prestige Cars" campaign with view of purging the private school kids and sending them into the poorest comprehensive co-ed schools like Henry Kendall so that they can "Learn from the disadvantageds!"
Musings on English Teaching:Ken was great today, he said things to me in English on his own iniative and I felt like he had learnt something. Usually he kind of just grunts and (really) bangs his head against the table when he's not reciting the dialogues and I always have the feeling that these expensive lessons are in vain. They've got to have helped in some way! Today he started doing the snot thing again where I had to sit there for five minutes waiting for him to finish blowing his nose. So after he started talking again I started breathing in very loudly through one nostril and making gross noises with my nose too and then he got the message.