Love at First Web Site
Sunday, August 05, 2007
 
The Group Member from Hell

Hello all,
This weekend I had the Orjrzynskis over for dinner and got really really drunk. Next morning had breakfast with the Kubster and had a nap in his bed then came home and tried to start preparing for my group presentation tomorrow but instead had Anthony over for a while. After dropping him home Vanja, Shani and I had pizza for dinner then I had Cameron over (guy I met online.) It was weird meeting him coz I felt like we already knew each other after talking on msn for so long. Then this morning I finally did my uni work (woke up at 8 - weird) then had time to kill before a nightmarish group meeting at uni. One of the guys took total control over the assignment and didn't listen to anyone's ideas. One of the questions was to make up a marketing strategy for some company. We agreed to all work on it together but he went and wrote one anyway which we had to use. He's one of those arrogant stupid men who think they know everything. There was one in one of my classes last year. Anyway he seemed to be overly preoccupied with what areas we lived in or were buying houses in in some cases, and I think this may have something to do with the fact that he has 'always lived in Dover Heights'. I asked him where that was and he told me it was near Vaucluse. Judging people is contagious - I decided he thought he was superior because he grew up in the eastern suburbs, but only after his many questions about where everyone was from. Then throw in his arrogance and stupidity, and you've got a recipe for disaster. I felt like slitting my own throat trying to work with him for three hours. The report we had to prepare was supposed to be 1500 words - he wrote 1500 words just on his answer, and refused over and over again to make it shorter than 1000. But he did finally agree to let me read it, and then rewrite it so it was shorter, which was nice. So I went home, read it, and just deleted whole superfluous paragraphs until it was down to 1600 words. Fuck summarising it. What's worse is that we'll be doing the major 3000 word group assignment together, and I just know he is going to fuck that up too. I'm going to ask the teacher if I can change groups; I don't know which group I will join, or what I will say to my current group members. But there is no way I am working with that Moron ever again. I feel sorry for his colleagues. If I had to work with him I would quit. Last semester my groups were awesome. We were all on the same wavelength, and not one person asserted their dominance over anyone. Needless to say, they were both all-woman groups. We were all just happy and helpful and interested and aware of our status as members of a team. This guy is fucked.
Anyway I started doing the readings from Week 1 for financial accounting. So far, I know the difference between cash accounting and accrual accounting, but that's where the fairytale ends. I've got two more weeks worth of reading to do before 11pm Tuesday. For this subject, we have to prepare exercise questions every week, but the lecturer will collect it randomly only twice during the semester. I attempted half of them ready for last Wednesday, and got them all horribly wrong. Don't get me started on depreciation of machinery or whether a patent is a bloody asset or a liability. Ah well. This subject has a 15% failure rate. Yesterday was supposed to be my big day to catch up and get on top of things but no it never happened. Harry Potter ain't gonna be read for a long time methinks.
 
Comments:
I doubt it.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home
Welcome. For Taiwan posts see March 2004 - Jan 2005. Enjoy!! Do leave a comment - I feel loved.

Archives
March 2004 / April 2004 / May 2004 / June 2004 / July 2004 / August 2004 / September 2004 / October 2004 / November 2004 / December 2004 / January 2005 / March 2005 / April 2005 / May 2005 / June 2005 / July 2005 / August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 / August 2007 / September 2007 / October 2007 / November 2007 / December 2007 / January 2008 / February 2008 / March 2008 / April 2008 / May 2008 / June 2008 / August 2008 / December 2008 / January 2009 / May 2010 / July 2010 / August 2010 / September 2010 / October 2010 / December 2010 / January 2011 /


Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]