The sales meeting is over now. :-( Was a great three days. Had minimal work to do during those three days which I occasionally popped out of the meeting room to do. Met all the other Business Development Managers. So professional. I love this company. Got to see my sales graphs up on the big screen for everyone to admire (?) and today everyone said well done for picking the restaurant that we went to last night. Whoo! During one of the department updates I heard the scathing remarks about one of the staff who are leaving soon. They weren't nice about it. I got paranoid that if I kept stuffing up, they would one day celebrate my departure in the same way. One of the powerpoint slides had a list of points the department head was making, and one of them was simply: "
Bye bye [that staff member's name]". OK so not 100% professional. He then continued on to talk about how the guy kept stuffing up and costing the business thousands of dollars etc. I was surprised at how bitchy it was. I mean, what if he was just making honest mistakes? I was quite taken aback. Imagine if they had a powerpoint slide dedicated solely to demonstrating how glad they were to get rid of you? At the national sales meeting? Then I felt bad because when I first started, I personally found that guy to be a snobby bitch so it turned out that he was the only one I pointedly didn't acknowledge and smile at whenever I walked past, while I pretty much smile at everyone. (A little too much I think - nerves, compensation for shyness, whatever you want to make of it). I wonder if they're treating him they way they actually talk about him, or whether they're nice to him? I really don't know what would be worse...